Lt. Commander
I know that for many, this topic is old and finished (in which case, they are free to ignore this thread), and I have tried to do this through contact with Cryptic, but unfortunately, they have no customer support and do not respond to any of my messages. And according to one of the Devs, this is where I should put it. I believe that like the RAF, those who got their exclusives put on the C-Store should get compensation.

My basic outline is this:
  • 1000 CP
    • per box AFTER initial box (+500 if LTS)
    • per DDE buyer. (stacks if an EXTRA box)
    • per Pre-Order. (stacks if EXTRA box)
  • 3000 CP per CE buyer. (stacks if EXTRA box)
  • 2000 CP per LTS (only pre-order)

My explanation for 2000 CP per pre-order LTS is simply that the loss of the Liberated Borg to all LTS subscribers as well as the ability to buy extra character slots in C-Store, means a loss of investment. I say this because had I not pre-ordered, I would never have bought this game.
This seems to be pretty fair. Not only does it reward loyalty, but it guarantees continued support. With, at my last calculation, almost $135 worth of C-Store content, this is an investment. It continues loyalty, so in the future when expansions come out or more C-Store additions we have a reason to want to continue giving money in support of the game.

I believe this is a very good way to reward loyalty and to make a lot of people very happy. To be honest what really irritates me is the fact that while the company seems willing to compensate RAF players, it refuse everyone else. To me, this is unfair.

I would love to hear everyone else's thoughts and ideas but please, don't flame or troll or bash, keep it clean and keep it civil!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Your right, it has been discussed at length before and it my opinion that there will be no compensation, simply because they had done it already if they wanted to.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Yes, you are correct, it has been discussed to death. Ashur is also correct, there will be no compensation. Nor should there be.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-26-2010, 11:20 AM
it's not Cryptic's fault that you bought everything when it was exclusive...nothing stays exclusive forever and it's their IP so they can make money off of it however they want.

From now on, just remember two little words that will take you a long way in our society: CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Means: Buyer Beware, and it's the law of the land in the U.S
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I know that for many, this topic is old and finished (in which case, they are free to ignore this thread), and I have tried to do this through contact with Cryptic, but unfortunately, they have no customer support and do not respond to any of my messages. And according to one of the Devs, this is where I should put it. I believe that like the RAF, those who got their exclusives put on the C-Store should get compensation.

My basic outline is this:
  • 1000 CP
    • per box AFTER initial box (+500 if LTS)
    • per DDE buyer. (stacks if an EXTRA box)
    • per Pre-Order. (stacks if EXTRA box)
  • 3000 CP per CE buyer. (stacks if EXTRA box)
  • 2000 CP per LTS (only pre-order)

My explanation for 2000 CP per pre-order LTS is simply that the loss of the Liberated Borg to all LTS subscribers as well as the ability to buy extra character slots in C-Store, means a loss of investment. I say this because had I not pre-ordered, I would never have bought this game.
This seems to be pretty fair. Not only does it reward loyalty, but it guarantees continued support. With, at my last calculation, almost $135 worth of C-Store content, this is an investment. It continues loyalty, so in the future when expansions come out or more C-Store additions we have a reason to want to continue giving money in support of the game.

I believe this is a very good way to reward loyalty and to make a lot of people very happy. To be honest what really irritates me is the fact that while the company seems willing to compensate RAF players, it refuse everyone else. To me, this is unfair.

I would love to hear everyone else's thoughts and ideas but please, don't flame or troll or bash, keep it clean and keep it civil!
The planet from which you hail has not been discovered yet.

Maybe we will get to you in Season 4.3... :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-26-2010, 11:22 AM
I told the Dev this would happen, the trolls cometh.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-26-2010, 11:25 AM
hey, i wasn't trolling! I just let you know why what Cryptic did with their exclusive property means you won't be getting any compensation from them
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I told the Dev this would happen, the trolls cometh.
I hope this time i evaded your troll labeling. I was polite and offered my opinion. I even refrained from saying a compensation is undeserved.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseman417 View Post
hey, i wasn't trolling! I just let you know why what Cryptic did with their exclusive property means you won't be getting any compensation from them
I was not referring to you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-26-2010, 11:31 AM
I bought all of the 'exclusives' you mentioned, and feel I am owed no compensation from Cryptic.

I understood fully - at the time I purchased those pre-order items - that their 'exclusive' nature was limited to the ability to have early access to them. I'm sorry that others did not comprehend this.
Closed Thread