Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
07-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I'm 100% conscious when I do this unlike with sleepwalking (which I've done a few times but not for a years). I also retain a full memory of it unlike dreams which fade.
It is most definitely related to dreaming. Yes, you wake up, but your mind hasn't yet shifted into real world mode. This sorta thing happens to most everybody.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
07-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
It is most definitely related to dreaming. Yes, you wake up, but your mind hasn't yet shifted into real world mode. This sorta thing happens to most everybody.
About 24% of the world's population reports experiencing Sleep Paralysis at least once in their lives. I myself have had it happen to me at least twice that I remember.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
07-26-2010, 02:09 AM
wierdo...

I don't have dreams, so I can't comment. Yep, you heard. I go to bed, sleep, and wake up when my toe is bitten by a cat.

Though it sounds like you need some more fresh air, and you need some rest.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
07-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
About 24% of the world's population reports experiencing Sleep Paralysis at least once in their lives. I myself have had it happen to me at least twice that I remember.
Its not sleep paralyisis the OP is describing. The OP is conscious and able to move and do stuff, but hasn't yet realized that he or she is waking up, just like every other day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
07-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Its not sleep paralyisis the OP is describing. The OP is conscious and able to move and do stuff, but hasn't yet realized that he or she is waking up, just like every other day.
If you would have read my prior post,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Your description brought to my mind Sleep Paralysis, a situation where a person will partially awaken while in deep sleep. Their body and a good portion of their brain will still be 'asleep' and as such their body will be paralyzed and may hallucinate. This is the probable explanation for alien abductions and out of body experiences.

However since you seem to have full control over your limbs, it would not fall into the catergory of Sleep Paralysis. However it does sound like some manner of parasomniac sleep disorder, possibly pavor nocturnus or Night Terrors.
you would know that as well. I was agreeing with you regarding sleeping disorders being more common then people usually realize.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
07-26-2010, 11:48 AM
happens to me. you have just woken up quickly and your brain is still in sleep mode

i once woke up and thought i was in the middle of an earthquake. needless to say there was no earthquake
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
07-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
happens to me. you have just woken up quickly and your brain is still in sleep mode

i once woke up and thought i was in the middle of an earthquake. needless to say there was no earthquake
That happened to me once. Except there was an earthquake.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-26-2010, 11:53 AM
I realize I've waken up. I'm just insane. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I realize I've waken up. I'm just insane. :p
And as another poster said, you could be in that halfway state (being that you know you're awake, but thoroughly convinced that something from your dreams is real.).
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.