Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-26-2010, 05:51 AM
I have only two suggestions for lvling a Klingon.

1. Aim for 1 lvl a day.

2. Play in a group.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loomis113
seriously i am lc5 right now this grind is killing me ...any ideas to level up quicker ?
I kind of agree here... I've been leveling up a Tactical Alien in a BoP and it's a bit of a time crunch. Not nearly as fast as the Federation side, but hopefully this will change soon. I made it to Captain last night just by doing PvP mostly but would love to see some additional PvE content to aid in the leveling process.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loomis113
seriously i am lc5 right now this grind is killing me ...any ideas to level up quicker ?
I went from new guy to level cap in 29 days of almost nothing but PvP.
Then again, that was before FvF play and right after game launch, so there was plenty of action.
I started a second, but found the grind too painful to do again.
I am extremly underwhelmed at the Klingon side of STO.
I didn't get the game to play a smoothhead, I am here for the Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcivious
Anyhow, I kinda rambled there, but overall, it seems best to do the Defend missions as you get access to them, then do the Exploration missions after a couple levels of Defend missions (when the SP reward for completion of Defend missions start dropping, and the SP per kill drops due to the NPC's being lower level than you).

The Exploration missions, since you get both ground and space combat also allow you to get used to your skills, and see how they work, which is the whole point of leveling anyhow.

EDIT: Although, if you can get a group with one or more other players going in the Defend missions so you finish them up at the same time your Defend mission cooldown expires, and are able to take the next one (which I think is 3 every 30 minutes off-hand), that would definitely be ideal.

EDIT 2: Also, Season 2 is going to bring some PvE missions to the Klingon side, it may help alleviate some issues and the tedium with leveling. So, you may just want to wait till then before getting serious on the Klingon side.

I love the Universal slots of the Klingon BoP's and the Carrier just seems completely awesome, so I've been really grinding it out to get all of it. In the past 2 weeks with pretty limited game time, I've been able to get from LC - Captain 9 right now. Should be able to hit at least RA 1 tonight, and my solace is that at 43, at least I get some PvE Borg stuff to finally make things interesting.

Another thing that helps is to have goals. Grind till I get the new power at levels #3, or #5 or #8... and then a new ship at #1! Replace # with the tens level your currently at. So, 11, 13, 15, 18, or 21... etc. Since Science abilities were new to me, it's been fun getting new ones and getting to play with 'em to see how the work.
Don't get too excited about season 2, the content is as all the Klingon PvE content has been, limited and lackluster. Try it on Tribble to see what I mean.
And the Carrier pretty much is a POS, IMOHPO.
The new one is worse than the original one.
With every update they've said "New Klingon Content!" it has turned out to be but a band aid on an artereal wound compared to the huge variety of missions the Feds have.
I figure after a couple of years, they might have sufficent Klingon content, but it will never be anything close to the amount nor quality of the Fed content.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-26-2010, 12:40 PM
The Chaos nebula with a group at Captain level makes all 10 levels go by very quickly. The hard part is finding other captain level players online.

You get 900XP for each 3 you do - and about 600XP in a group of 4 killing the ships to do 3. Basically like a deep space encounter on the Fed side. It comes in at around 1500 XP an hour. In a 4 hour night, with a few PvP matches to break the grind up, you can gain about 5000+XP.

Makes it easy to go from CDR10 - BG1 in about a week - but again you need friends to do it quickly.