Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
I see, so basically what most people have been doing since Beta.
ya lol.
Unless someone has another trick I don't know about. I know sometimes if you have rubberbanding lag going on you can fire torps twice... not sure if there is some exploit to make that happen.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
ya lol.
Unless someone has another trick I don't know about. I know sometimes if you have rubberbanding lag going on you can fire torps twice... not sure if there is some exploit to make that happen.
In that case, it looks like you fired twice, but if you watch the damage numbers, they actually only fire once
Lt. Commander
# 23 O Rly
07-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Ya Rly ^^
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-26-2010, 07:46 AM
I partly wonder, with Season 2 Bringing about the ability for every player to get traind any skill that could be trained by a player for their BO's (For example, a Science officer giving one of their Tactical Officers to a Tactical Officer and getting their BO trained with HY3 And/Or Cannon RF3) what kind of tactics could be created since nearly any combination for any officer will be avaliable. Science Officer in a Raptor and the Best skills for it? Sure. Tactical officer in a Cruiser with the Best skills for it? You bet.

Though the new Kar'Fi still boggles my mind on what skill combinations would actually make it a good ship..
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I partly wonder, with Season 2 Bringing about the ability for every player to get traind any skill that could be trained by a player for their BO's (For example, a Science officer giving one of their Tactical Officers to a Tactical Officer and getting their BO trained with HY3 And/Or Cannon RF3) what kind of tactics could be created since nearly any combination for any officer will be avaliable. Science Officer in a Raptor and the Best skills for it? Sure. Tactical officer in a Cruiser with the Best skills for it? You bet.

Though the new Kar'Fi still boggles my mind on what skill combinations would actually make it a good ship..
honestly the most impacting powers in the game are the "captain" powers deferred solely to each class. Even beyond that, the most powerful BO abilities are "untrainable" and found only on rare/uc bos. *ahem* cryptic please give me more ways to attain such bos *ahem* thanks.

Frankly there is simply going to be a greater likelihood of people trying to do what they cant. Im not going to train anyone tactical team 3. Not only becus they wont have the ability to maximize its usefulness if they arent tactical, but also becus THE SKILL SUCKS PERIOD. anyway my yet again unsolicited 2 cents thrown in randomly , huzzah! <S>