Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
07-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintri View Post
You do know that the whole "I would be willing to pay $20/month" is alot less convincing coming from someone with a lifetime account.
rofl i was just thinking that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
07-26-2010, 06:49 PM
What? I do not see any thing wrong with them charging 20$ a month even 30$ for the game even if they kept the C-Store... Wait why are you so mad at mad... Oh i forgot i am a lifer.... sorry

Joking aside. Even if i am a lifer, i do not see anything wrong with the C-Store for now. They offer some stuff in there that some might want but i do not see any iwin item. If they kept it like that and kept adding more free content and not just stuff in the c-store i will not change my mind about it.


Ps : by more free stuff i mean not just a few item but more in-line like s2.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
HAHAH good one hes a lifer asking for it to higher each month. Should have took to blue off before this post I think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
07-26-2010, 09:39 PM
I say lets get rid of the c-store keep adding the c store content for free, and jack the sub up to 99 bucks a month, cause I'm a lifer and also cheap. Lets have the monthly subs pay for all our crap.

All jokes aside, this topic is a dead horse that has been beaten into paste. Cryptic says if the c-store doesn't exist, then the content doesn't get made. Your subs will pay for the season upgrades and running the server. If they got rid of the store you still won't get the free stuff you want.

Now many people have said they think cryptic is full of it, and they are just greedy. I would suggest if you think they are lying to you, you shouldn't not continue to do business with them.

Also if you got your LTS and you want the subs to bankroll your gaming, you should ask them for a lot more then c-store crap. Maybe something like free hardware upgrades from Cryptic. Why not? Other people are paying for your fun after all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
07-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
I would like Cryptic to remove the C-Store and rely on the P2P subscription model. I would be willing to pay $20/month as the standard fee for this game to go to a strict P2P model. Who else would pay more monthly to excise MT's from STO?

If the shiny dollars from the C-Store have bought everyone at Cryptic a yacht figuratively speaking, could Cryptic at least revise the C-Store to just Cosmetic Items? I do not like there being an instant route to any item/feature that normally requires players to grind extensively to achieve.

For those players that claim they don't have the time to grind...I suggest that perhaps MMO's are not the games that fit your chosen lifestyle. Just purchase console games that can be completed in 10-20 hours over a few months of casual play. There are some excellent games out there that are geared toward players without much spare time.

OH COME ON;

"games out there"

So? How many of those are Star Trek games?! Why should i be forced to to give up all of my free time to grind when instead i could buy something i really want.
I play this game to enjoy flying my favorite Star Trek ship and parading it around in pvp - NOT to mindlessly grind some thing to get another. That is a mmo mechanic of yesteryear.

Who are you to DICTATE how people play games, what games they play and how a company sells their property.
I just about have had enough with you lot.

"meh meh meh i pay a monthly fee so stop selling extras on the side meh meh meh"


Welcome to 2010. The market evolves. MT's are a viable source of income - the same way DLC is.

You can't keep living in the past.
If you do not like it, vote with your wallet but stop making things terrible for everyone else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
07-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
OH COME ON;

"games out there"

So? How many of those are Star Trek games?! Why should i be forced to to give up all of my free time to grind when instead i could buy something i really want.
I play this game to enjoy flying my favorite Star Trek ship and parading it around in pvp - NOT to mindlessly grind some thing to get another. That is a mmo mechanic of yesteryear.

Who are you to DICTATE how people play games, what games they play and how a company sells their property.
I just about have had enough with you lot.

"meh meh meh i pay a monthly fee so stop selling extras on the side meh meh meh"


Welcome to 2010. The market evolves. MT's are a viable source of income - the same way DLC is.

You can't keep living in the past.
If you do not like it, vote with your wallet but stop making things terrible for everyone else.
I agree with this and would like to subscribe to your news letter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
07-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
I would like Cryptic to remove the C-Store and rely on the P2P subscription model. I would be willing to pay $20/month as the standard fee for this game to go to a strict P2P model. Who else would pay more monthly to excise MT's from STO?

If the shiny dollars from the C-Store have bought everyone at Cryptic a yacht figuratively speaking, could Cryptic at least revise the C-Store to just Cosmetic Items? I do not like there being an instant route to any item/feature that normally requires players to grind extensively to achieve.

For those players that claim they don't have the time to grind...I suggest that perhaps MMO's are not the games that fit your chosen lifestyle. Just purchase console games that can be completed in 10-20 hours over a few months of casual play. There are some excellent games out there that are geared toward players without much spare time.
I vote no. F2p with a subscription is a contradiction in terms.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-27-2010, 04:26 AM
My opinion on subscription prices is not rendered invalid by having wasted money on a LT Sub to STO. If I had turned off the Blue Tag then I would have felt like I was hiding something to shore up my position. Would you prefer such tactics instead of my attempt at sincerity?

Unlike many people, I care what happens to the monthly subscribers in STO. Imho, monthly subscribers are the backbone of P2P MMO's, not LT Subbers. They are the ones Cryptic needs to maintain their revenue stream. So if Cryptic needs more money they should raise subscription fees...not create juicy C-Store Items.

Watching MT profiteering worming its greedy little claws into P2P disgusts me. The fact that it is doing so in a MMO with the ST IP is even worse. MT's are not an evolution in MMO's in any sense. They are an additional revenue stream for companies that refuse to support their games on subscription fees. Imho, they belong in F2P MMO's where they at least have the excues of being the primary way to pay the developers.

As to who I am to tell others how to pay...whoops should have said play there *rimshot* I am nothing more or less than a person stating an opinion on an issue I think is at the core of P2P MMO's. When there is a drastic imbalance for grinders (i.e. 1-2 months to grinding) to get a game affecting and say $5 to get it instantly...yes I will speak my peace on the matter.

I am sure many will disagree with me and call me old fashioned, among other less pleasant things. Just go on defending greed for your own selfish benefit, while calling out people like me for showing a little concern for others. Who knows where such an enlightened attitude will take you in a few decades? You only give MT supporters bad names when you respond to P2P opponents with labels imho.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-27-2010, 05:19 AM
I'm all for a higher monthly sub too!...... just ignore that blue name....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
07-27-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
My opinion on subscription prices is not rendered invalid by having wasted money on a LT Sub to STO. If I had turned off the Blue Tag then I would have felt like I was hiding something to shore up my position. Would you prefer such tactics instead of my attempt at sincerity?

Unlike many people, I care what happens to the monthly subscribers in STO. Imho, monthly subscribers are the backbone of P2P MMO's, not LT Subbers. They are the ones Cryptic needs to maintain their revenue stream. So if Cryptic needs more money they should raise subscription fees...not create juicy C-Store Items.

Watching MT profiteering worming its greedy little claws into P2P disgusts me. The fact that it is doing so in a MMO with the ST IP is even worse. MT's are not an evolution in MMO's in any sense. They are an additional revenue stream for companies that refuse to support their games on subscription fees. Imho, they belong in F2P MMO's where they at least have the excues of being the primary way to pay the developers.

As to who I am to tell others how to pay...whoops should have said play there *rimshot* I am nothing more or less than a person stating an opinion on an issue I think is at the core of P2P MMO's. When there is a drastic imbalance for grinders (i.e. 1-2 months to grinding) to get a game affecting and say $5 to get it instantly...yes I will speak my peace on the matter.

I am sure many will disagree with me and call me old fashioned, among other less pleasant things. Just go on defending greed for your own selfish benefit, while calling out people like me for showing a little concern for others. Who knows where such an enlightened attitude will take you in a few decades? You only give MT supporters bad names when you respond to P2P opponents with labels imho.
When I read the first post I was ready to jump in with "lifetime subscriber wants monthly fee increase?" point, you should have mentioned why you were posting it as a lifetime subscriber. The fact that you didn't hide it on purpose means you have some integrity.

The option of grinding or paying is a hard one to discuss because there will always be those that prefer to pay to get what they want as opposed to grind away. As long as there is the option I don't mind too much but I do hate how microtransactions are becoming a normal part of games. The balance required is making the grind not too much of a grind that it looks like you're being pushed toward paying the small fee.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 PM.