Lt. Commander
# 11
07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
See I was trying to avoid the 'stop complaining' stuff the time thing is actually really interesting.

The point I was really trying to make is I don't think Cryptic is actually 'using' an atomic clock... from an operating system standpoint, and to us programmers, GMT got taken away and replaced with UTC. Until the OP pointed it out, I didn't realize there was any variation. Likely Cryptic doesn't think about that either, that's just what GMT got 'replaced with'.

A leap second I define as that space of time between when I realize there is a spider on me and when I become airborne and screaming.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-27-2010, 10:54 AM
well thats, you have sold it to me, if there going to use UTC then they should and allow for the varies in TCB,TCG and TT. it makes for alot better time clock to be used on a multi regional game such as this, infact it doesnt need the PDT at all because as has been stated UTC is the universal time on earth and everyone can go off that, if anyone needs help finding out the coresponding time to them they can simply goto www.timeanddate.com.

its all sorted dont you think.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I don't know if it's all sorted out, I have no idea what time it even is anymore
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-27-2010, 11:22 AM
you have a computer, running some kind of windows, go to the clock and add an extra one for pst. problem solved. I have Est Pst and gmt on my clock when I mouse over it. Make use of the tools you have.

plus, every decent phone has a world clock.