Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
I feel that when I pay a monthly fee that it should cover any newly released content, however it seems if you want to get a full experience in the game I have to spend MORE money on a game that I bought and then payed a monthly fee for. I have not played any other mmo that need more then my monthly fee for me to get everything that the game had to offer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuroshin View Post
I feel that when I pay a monthly fee that it should cover any newly released content, however it seems if you want to get a full experience in the game I have to spend MORE money on a game that I bought and then payed a monthly fee for. I have not played any other mmo that need more then my monthly fee for me to get everything that the game had to offer.
What content are you talking about?

btw some mmo call them expansion and charge you 30$ for it... but c-store has no content.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-27-2010, 12:14 PM
There's no content per se on the C-Store. At the moment it is nothing but optional cosmetic and utilitarian enhancements. You don't have to buy anything. What are you really upset about?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2010, 12:21 PM
All the C-Store has are just Cosmetic items, nothing in the store will give you an advantage over anyone. This is not like DDO where you have to buy in order to advance further.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-27-2010, 01:45 PM
As this thread pertains directly to the C-store, I am moving the thread to the C-store and Promotions Feedback forum.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2010, 01:49 PM
He's probably talking about the refits, which can be bought on the C-Store. I had a couple people I know see them and automagically assume the refits are C-Store only, when in fact, you can earn all of them in game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager24 View Post
All the C-Store has are just Cosmetic items, nothing in the store will give you an advantage over anyone.
That's not true, almost all of the species on sale in the nickel & dime store have unique species abilities that you can't have access to unless you buy those species. They're definitely not just cosmetic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcurl
That's not true, almost all of the species on sale in the nickel & dime store have unique species abilities that you can't have access to unless you buy those species. They're definitely not just cosmetic.
Yes they are... They are all equal and they already posted info about that and they are not required to play the game... Even if you do not believe it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-27-2010, 02:48 PM
While I agree that way too much is being shoved into the C-Store for sale, I do have to point out that none of the items thus far are required for you to enjoy the game. If there's something that you don't want, then don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

And for those who are saying that these items aren't content, then you are wrong. Any little thing from a costume/uniform piece all the way to a quest/mission/episode can be considered content.

EDIT: Oh, and Cryptic's not the only company with an MT store...
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-27-2010, 03:07 PM
people obviously define "Content" in diffrent ways.

on the Xbox 360 EVERYTHING from a Playerskin in The Force Unleashed over a Map Pack for Modern Warfare to a new Campaign like GTA4 The Lost and the Damned is called "DLC" = Downloadable CONTENT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content

By that definition pretty much everyting besides respecs and slots in the C-Store is "DLC"

In MMO's it is called "Microtransactions". It's just another word with the same meaning.
It offers the very same stuff as on the Xbox so why shouldn't i call it content?

The very word "content" defines itself as EVERYTHING that is "included" or better said "belongs" inside the game.

You may call it "fluff" or "cosmetic" but in the end it is all DLC. Game Content for $.

Now looking at STO's C-Store you cant tell me that as a Star Trek Fan you do not want the Constitution Class, Galaxy-X or the Series Uniforms inside the Game... and considder nothing of that a MUST HAVE?

You can either continue trying to tell the OP that he used the wrong term, which depends on your viewpoint.
Or you can aknowledge the very real Issue he brought up.