Lt. Commander
# 1 New C-Store Bridges...
07-27-2010, 08:13 PM
What does everyone think of the nine new bridges that have been put up on the C-Store?

I'm reasonably happy with the Galaxy and Defiant variants, but the Intrepid variant really hurts my eyes. It just seems like they tried way too hard to make it 'futuristic' and the raised dias that the Captain's chair is on gives it something of a Klingon feel.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Galaxy variant looks great, nice take on the orriginal that still has all the same character but looks more 'up to date'.

Defiant I'm not so sure, but then I haven't bought it so all I have seen of it is the viewscreen, catpains chair and the front of the side walls. Looks ok from that view though.

Intrepid... I think the designer of it was on crack at the time. The galaxy and defiant varients show some resembelence to the originals, but I'm hard pressed to find any similarities with the intrepid variant and its original.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-27-2010, 08:30 PM
To be honest, I find the screencapture done of the Intrepid bridge... incoherent. I don't even know what I'm looking at.

Quick question: if you buy a C-Store bridge, can you use it on any ship? For example, if I wanted to use the new Triumph Galaxy variant bridge for my Luna-class science vessel, could I?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2010, 08:34 PM
the site and the ingame text for the bridges all say that the packs can be used on any ship, any ship of the relevent faction at least.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-27-2010, 08:37 PM
I realy like the Galaxy variant ... just in time for when I grab myself a shiny new Galaxy refit for VA
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2010, 10:23 PM
I have to say, I'm a fan of the new defiant bridge options. The old ones were incredibly... meh... in comparison.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-27-2010, 10:40 PM
The First Galaxy bridge (the one with the same general colors as Picard's) looks really slick. I think I might have to buy that pack.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Quick question: if you buy a C-Store bridge, can you use it on any ship? For example, if I wanted to use the new Triumph Galaxy variant bridge for my Luna-class science vessel, could I?
Yes. Bought bridges can be used on any ship at any tier. (except cross faction, so your KDF bridges can only be used on KDF ships).
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Although I can't see the similarity with the Intrepid, I'm still quite fond of the variant bridge design on its own merits. The only thing I'd change is the Captain's chair, which I agree, on that raised platform looks way too Klingon-y. Replace that with the more usual Intrepid Captain and First Officer seats and I'd definitely use it.

Trying it in game, the only problem I had was that my two helm officers at the front were standing ontop of their consoles rather than sitting at them. Looked a bit odd to say the least. Must get a screenshot and submit a bug tonight if it does it again.

Glad to see the new bridge packs overall though. I'm a sucker for these, and I'm definitely using the new Galaxy bridges when I get my Exploration cruiser refit.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-28-2010, 01:49 AM
A friend of mine has all 3 packs, and today he showed me the various bridges... the defiant pack is rather nice, im almost tempted to buy it myself, the intrepid pack is strange looking but still decent enough (apart from the bugs where BOFF's are standing on chairs and in mid air)

But the galaxy bridges are a disgrace, many of the console textures are just poorly placed and stretched out hell on a few consoles the federation logo is upside down... makes you wonder if they have even been playtested... also its not really much of an upgrade over the default ingame galaxy TNG style bridge...

Overall i would say buy the defiant bridge pack, the voyager pack is a recommended maybe and the galaxy class bridge is a no no avoid that one !