Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
07-28-2010, 08:54 AM
no, its cold and dark and damp here....... i need a hug !!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
07-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager24 View Post
All the C-Store has are just Cosmetic items, nothing in the store will give you an advantage over anyone. This is not like DDO where you have to buy in order to advance further.
A tier 1 ship with more, hull, more consoles, and scalable phasers does not give you an advantage?

A cloakable battlecruiser with a phaser lance does not give you an advantage?

Multiple player races that have access to unique Traits do not give an advantage?

Buying a tribble that can cut the breeding process by half is not an advantage?

Buying a Boff that has an in-game trait automatically, that others can only get randomly is not an advantage?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
07-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Cpt.William2;2896249]A tier 1 ship with more, hull, more consoles, and scalable phasers does not give you an advantage?
Oh the mighty Connie with his phaser... You buy can ingame phaser with the same stats has the Connie one. They do not scale but they are the same... For the hull, you get a few point more 1 more console slot.

A cloakable battlecruiser with a phaser lance does not give you an advantage?
Did you read all the talk about the Gal-X... it seem that you did not and they have free alternative in the game aka Defiant, Voyager and Galaxy Refit

Multiple player races that have access to unique Traits do not give an advantage?
What advantage? Skills are balanced because it would not work otherwise. BO and Captain can not have all skill so one skill might beat one but another one will beat that skill. If skill where not balanced all player would have to get all skill if they really had and advantage.

Buying a tribble that can cut the breeding process by half is not an advantage?
Geez... ok so you have to wait a few more hours for your tribble...

Buying a Boff that has an in-game trait automatically, that others can only get randomly is not an advantage?
So you can get them in game right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
07-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomasach View Post
Cpt.William2;2896249]A tier 1 ship with more, hull, more consoles, and scalable phasers does not give you an advantage?
Oh the mighty Connie with his phaser... You buy can ingame phaser with the same stats has the Connie one. They do not scale but they are the same... For the hull, you get a few point more 1 more console slot.

I would say 20% more is a pretty good advantage. A Console that can make you faster, stronger, or more efficient.

A cloakable battlecruiser with a phaser lance does not give you an advantage?
Did you read all the talk about the Gal-X... it seem that you did not and they have free alternative in the game aka Defiant, Voyager and Galaxy Refit

It still is a very good vehicle with three extremely unique powers (cloak, phaser lance, and It is also the only Cruiser that can equip cannons)

Multiple player races that have access to unique Traits do not give an advantage?
What advantage? Skills are balanced because it would not work otherwise. BO and Captain can not have all skill so one skill might beat one but another one will beat that skill. If skill where not balanced all player would have to get all skill if they really had and advantage.

Oh, the special traits and abilities (Feline Instincts, Dumb Luck, Pounce, Symbiote) are available to everyone, I had no idea.


Buying a tribble that can cut the breeding process by half is not an advantage?
Geez... ok so you have to wait a few more hours for your tribble...

It is an advantage, it saves a lot of time.


Buying a Boff that has an in-game trait automatically, that others can only get randomly is not an advantage?
So you can get them in game right?

It is very hard but with this, a few dollars and you instantly get it, therefore you have an ADVANTAGE.
My point was, they are more than cosmetic, they do give an advantage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
07-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Love the guy and his if its canon it shouldnt be there bs, because everything can be considerd canon if you put the right spin on it. and cpt williams thinks it all should be free because for some reason he thinks his 14.99 a month covers it all, ohh yea hes a blue name so he dont pay a monthly anyway. I don't mind paying a little extra to get things in game that problily wont make it there any other way . Answer me this why does it seam to me anyways that the biggest complainers are the lifers that feel they are better than all the rest and because they paid 300 up front it all should be free for them now?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
07-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
My point was, they are more than cosmetic, they do give an advantage.
Like i say before which advantage. Even if a player has dumb luck, something in game balance it. Unless we can have all the skill, there balanced.

The Connie does not have much hull so you are not that much stronger..geez... My litthe Connie has 200 more hull point than you... Boo you cheated...

And what do you call mmo you that sell expansion pack?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
07-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
Love the guy and his if its canon it shouldnt be there bs, because everything can be considerd canon if you put the right spin on it. and cpt williams thinks it all should be free because for some reason he thinks his 14.99 a month covers it all, ohh yea hes a blue name so he dont pay a monthly anyway. I don't mind paying a little extra to get things in game that problily wont make it there any other way . Answer me this why does it seam to me anyways that the biggest complainers are the lifers that feel they are better than all the rest and because they paid 300 up front it all should be free for them now?
I don't feel I am "better" than the monthlies, that is slander. Actually, according to the DEVs it would end up there, just later. I have paid my dues and technically, I paid 16 months at $14.99 all up front so don't even dare act as if this is free for me. I'm pretty sick of monthlies acting like Lifers are just playin for free, we paid, end of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomasach View Post
Like i say before which advantage.

And what do you call mmo you sell expansion pack?
Read the blue comments.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
07-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomasach View Post
Multiple player races that have access to unique Traits do not give an advantage?
What advantage? Skills are balanced because it would not work otherwise. BO and Captain can not have all skill so one skill might beat one but another one will beat that skill. If skill where not balanced all player would have to get all skill if they really had and advantage.
They have unique traits that you can't have access to unless you buy them. Play a Pakled with certain ground chosen traits in Ground PvP, you'll rarely be stunned or placated because of the added "dumb luck" trait you can buy.

The rest of your blind defending is pointless, because you miss the point where it was said items in the nickel & dime store were cosmetic only, when it's clearly obvious they're more than "just cosmetic" and have blatantly obvious game effects on some of the items being sold.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
07-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I don't feel I am "better" than the monthlies, that is slander. Actually, according to the DEVs it would end up there, just later. I have paid my dues and technically, I paid 16 months at $14.99 all up front so don't even dare act as if this is free for me. I'm pretty sick of monthlies acting like Lifers are just playin for free, we paid, end of story.



Read the blue comments.
and i pay by the month get over it. and show me were it says the it would be put in game eventually from my understanding it was said that it wouldnt. Slander plz,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
My point was, they are more than cosmetic, they do give an advantage.
well, i guess this all comes down to personal opinion. to some it is, to others it isnt.

myself, not played any of the races. so have no clue

far as the ships, oh yes I have those, and the Gx, wasnt an advantage, my AC still runs circles around it. Even phaser spec.

tribble? heck one of the best tribbles you can get is the borg on, and that was free.. what does a klingon need with a tribble?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:18 AM.