Lt. Commander
I dont know if theres any other Thread like this but it seems like the borg are killing me and my away team more than im killing them through the entire mission . Today i was working on the Assimilated mission and while on the Cube at any part it seemed like there was about 500 borg at a time. No matter how many i killed it seemed like 2 more took the place of one. the end was the worst part, the Udine borg was not the hardest part it was the 2000 borg in the one room, is it meant to be like this or is it just a bug that causes them to keep transporting in. Is it just me or is everyone having problems like this, Id sooner take on 10 Borg cubes all at once with no backup at least id stand a chance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Most likely your aggroing several groups at once, the problem I had Tribble.

I just finished the mission on Holodeck and made sure to keep my BOffs on a short leash.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2010, 03:13 PM
yea i thought of that but i was in one part with only 5 Borg in the area but they kept coming and coming it seemed like they were just transporting in from everywhere. Maybe i just have a line of bad luck with the ground engagements with the Borg
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
there the Borg really we shouldn't be able to shot them more than 3 or 4 times without them becoming invulnerable to our weapons
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Turn off your BOFFs' attack mode.

You're not meant to attack anyone until the final chamber - if you do it right.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2010, 03:19 PM
That makes sense next time i have to fight the borg in a situation like that ill give it a try
Lt. Commander
# 7 Also...
07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
You need to realize that the Borg are different than other adversary. They're connected through a network, relaying instantaneous information. They also wont' see you as a threat unless you attack them or attempt to access something aboard their vessel that you shouldn't be.

In the maze, put your BOffs in passive mode, and turn off all their abilities by right clicking on them. My first run through, my engineer enabled a shield and even that set them off.

Once you're in the Undine assimilation area with the vinculumn, you'll find that in each corner of the room is a Node. As in other maps, this should be your first target. By depriving the Borg of their network communication, you ensure that you won't be swarmed (as bad) by every drone on the cube.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Also them tacticak=l drones like calling in their friends.

priority target them if u can.

if u engage 2 or more rest assured youre gonna be taking flanking damage no matter where yu are facing.