Lt. Commander
# 21
07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
All I ask for is so that you can decline them. Usually in space travel I am looking at other things and not the screen, so running into these things get bothersome.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-28-2010, 03:45 PM
I personally don't mind the Deepspace Encounters (Enemy Signal Contacts) and accept them as part of the game. I figure that while traveling through space your might encounter the roaming Klingon or Romulan, and you need to avoid them by going around them. Dodging the Borg cubes in the B'tran cluster is not that hard - I get sucked in to combat once a week max. I kinda miss the danger I felt then I first started playing

What I would like to change is the ability to engage Enemy Signals that are lower than my current rank. Sometimes I feel like working towards an accolade (romulan for example), and none of them will engage me. It takes me ages to find an existing Contact to entre.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-28-2010, 03:58 PM
If they let the auto-engage be a toggle in the options menu, then we could all be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan10
Thanks for the reply. While it is a bit too vague for my liking, it's nice to see the head honcho answering posts in the forums. :-)
He must be a Yankee fan, too, because my posts on this subject were pretty much DOA in terms of dev-ine intervention.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Mayhem
He must be a Yankee fan, too, because my posts on this subject were pretty much DOA in terms of dev-ine intervention.
Hmm...I thought the STO offices were in Boston and CA. I'm not sure which one he's in. Highly unlikely that there are any Yankees fans in the Boston office, though.