Lt. Commander
# 41
07-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
Voiceovers don't need to be done by famous people. In fact, I think that actually DETRACTS from the experience.
Unless it's Leonard Nimoy - in which case, he gives the game a certain amount of ethos.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
what they need is a voice-over from Kate Mulgrew for the Gamma Orionos sector block.
She has no steady paycheck either, her job as the main character's mother ended when Mercy got cancelled. *nurse show on NBC*
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post
On the topic of VO, it would be nice if Cryptic held contents for players to submit VO samples to be selected for usage in game. They could maybe give the winners a few months free or some in game title or item -etc....

Not everything has to cost a great deal of money if people try to come up with creative ways of adding to the experience on the cheap.
/signed! This is an awesome way to add more voices.
Lt. Commander
# 44 bs
07-28-2010, 01:31 PM
I hear this its only 6 months to many time. Its simple again This MMO game was rushed to release and an MMO a good MMO is completed. you dont send out half a car or half a ipod now do ya. so you dont send out half a game. The game is incomplete in many aspects.

1 V.O. was droped where they say the tech is not their and i think its just that they dont wish to do it
2 Ships are still buggy and incomplete, I do take into count the newest ship designer but thats only 1 person
3. Ship interiors ohhh yeahhh. WTF they do nothing. whats the point of having them if they do nothing
4. No nebula or excellsior ships hmmm. they are at earth space dock.
5. No real Public Relations in this game. Everything is sparse and their is no face of PR.
6. After 7 months the website is still incomplete and terrible.
7. Still no real function to the game besides running and gunning.

Star trek was made great not only by its wars but its ability to be innovative and show creative attributes in the future. Where is this aspect in the game. Where is the creative spire of the game. Your content or lack of it is not to the extent of your missions but to the deapth of the missions. majority of your missions begins and ends in a john wain shoot and ask questions later. THis style does not represent star trek from beginning tos to enterprise. if you wish to go the way of free to play by all means do that. but i think CBS will shut you down before then. Stop the BS cryptic and become true to your customers who dont want incomplete candy but a game filled with function to go along with those nice looking attributes of ship interiros and V.O.

To many of you give cryptic too much of a pass. where is the proof of that. in month 2 cryptic said its only been 2 months. its the beginning. we have much more things coming out later. Any game that starts with a great video and lies to its customers about what will be in the beginning of such game and then changes everything on launch day will constantly lie about the game and only give small timids of information. While i dont like to compare Star trek, Eve online and Star wars I find it interesting that with two old companies to learn from star trek is still managing to make the mistakes of old MMO companies.

Lke i have said before, the clock is ticking and if STO does not complete the product they sold to us then it doesnt matter what extra junk you throw out. people will leave and you will be left with hopefully 25k people world wide to play your game.
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
What do you want to see improved and how?
Posters like the OP do not give structured criticism.
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
I hear this its only 6 months to many time. Its simple again This MMO game was rushed to release and an MMO a good MMO is completed. you dont send out half a car or half a ipod now do ya. so you dont send out half a game. The game is incomplete in many aspects.

Thatís an invalid comparison. An MMO is nothing like a car or an iPod. It compares much more to a TV series and what you are complaining about is more equivalent to them not having all the episodes taped before the series debuts. Like all MMOs (and TV series) it will continue to develop as time goes on. It's up to its fans whether they stay with it.

For me, I'm very pleased with this update. My subscription comes up for billing next week and I just changed it to a 3 month instead of 1 month subscription. There is definitely enough content here, especially with the updates and monthly episodes that are coming, to keep me interested for the next 3 months.
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigorius
Thatís an invalid comparison. An MMO is nothing like a car or an iPod. It compares much more to a TV series and what you are complaining about is more equivalent to them not having all the episodes taped before the series debuts. Like all MMOs (and TV series) it will continue to develop as time goes on. It's up to its fans whether they stay with it.

For me, I'm very pleased with this update. My subscription comes up for billing next week and I just changed it to a 3 month instead of 1 month subscription. There is definitely enough content here, especially with the updates and monthly episodes that are coming, to keep me interested for the next 3 months.
No offense, but that wasn't his point.

His possible < to you only maybe ?: I got it> off the mark comparison was not the point.

His point references 100% a point I brought up in my post, which is the desire to have something > run&gun, which I presume < have not played yet, been at clients today> the new diplomacy missions handle on some level, though beyond that its also not having group missions and just instances ? (ie: moderately, not massivelyMO)

thanks
wamarine
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilarazani
No offense, but that wasn't his point.

His possible < to you only maybe ?: I got it> off the mark comparison was not the point.
imo, trying to present a point as an absolute that is framed in extremely bad logic and tinged with personal biases is usually a very bad idea. At least if you want to explore the ideas with anyone other than the limited number of people who already agree with you.
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikus
Right. But Nimoy should never have been used if they couldn't extend the VO's to new content. Especially when there are a host of younger (un-retired) actors playing roles in Star Trek now. Even Quinto would be better than nothing.
Personally, I think his VOs (or any VOs) are a clunky placement for the first time you enter a sector block and that they should reassign those to a library computer or a museum where you interact with a Holographic Spock and you get the access codes for the VO on each new sector as you are assigned to play there. That would mean getting Nimoy's likeness but they've been using it in promotional materials so...