Lt. Commander
# 1 New Officer choices please?
07-24-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm looking at my available Bridge Officer Candidates. . .I have 7 science officers and 3 Tactical Officers. My alt is currently Commander level 7 and have yet to get a SINGLE engineering BO. . .the two I have are whites that I finally bought from Sol. I don't know why I was singled out for the dubious pleasure of never getting any. But the lack of options is a bit frustrating. Could it be possible to have a choice when receiving new officers? even if it was one of each type it would be nice.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2010, 11:43 AM
thats funny because when i was lvling my engieneering captain i managed to only get engineering bo's lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2010, 01:29 PM
I thik the randomizer weights towards your Captain's chosen profession. Not tested, not substantiated, just something I've noticed . . . my Science Officer captain, for instance, seems to get about a 2:1 ratio of Sci BOFFs : other BOFFs. My Tac Captain sees a lot of TAC candies, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2010, 05:56 AM
She *is* an engineer! so if it's weighted towards my profession I should have mostly engineers.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Yeah, doesn't seem to be weighted towards profession... I always want more Science officers... yet, rarely ever get them. I do get a ton of Engineers and Tac officers though... mostly male too, so it's hard to complete my Harem.

Course, it's some perception too, if I'm looking for beams and not cannon drops, for instance, I'm going to notice cannon drops more since it's not what I want at all. Still, I think the Cryptic engine has a way of determining what your after and then making sure it's the least likely thing you'll get. >.<
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2010, 06:36 AM
I wonder if it would be possible for them to make it so that the game gave you BOs based off of what ship you were flying.

So a Cruiser Captain would be more likely to get more ENG BOs, ect.