Lt. Commander
I cant log in to STO since the PATCH is so big I cant dl Season 2 unless i bring my whole pc to a friends who is on cable. And yet my other titles I have acct with I just dont have fun with any more

I want to play The Greebler, and to greeble and grobble and all the rest ~!!

If you guys gonna be putting monster patches on, you gonna have to start burning them updates onto CD so people that dont have UNLIMITED bandwidth can still play.Hey Ill even pay the company direct for the update patch, and even pay shipping. Otherwise I have to go through all this just to play. Which I wont always be willing or able to do.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2010, 06:22 AM
Trust me-you don't wan't to pay for a special CD of the updates each time such updates are planned for the game. To recoop thier costs, Cryptic would have to charge alot.
It will be cheaper to just pack your pc up and go to your buddies house until you can get access to better internet service.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2010, 07:12 PM
well yes i did get my friend to let me dl it. BUT now the usage of just normal play is extreme... im talking it takes 50mb/hour of gameplay. Something must be wrong there. In comparison LOTRO is 5 mb/hour and one could argue it looks better or the same.

50/hr = not viable and that number is without updates just playing the game that much bandwidth has been used.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Hmm that doesn't sound right.

I'm going to have to test this. tell me how do you keep track of your megabytes. ( I normally don't track mine because I don't have a cap. I guess I could use wireshark. )
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingoncaptain
If you guys gonna be putting monster patches on, you gonna have to start burning them updates onto CD so people that dont have UNLIMITED bandwidth can still play.Hey Ill even pay the company direct for the update patch, and even pay shipping. Otherwise I have to go through all this just to play. Which I wont always be willing or able to do.
Not going to happen.

MMOs don't do this, for various reasons. And I'd like to remind you that it's not Cryptic's fault that you have a sub-optimal internet provider.