Lt. Commander
After levelling my alt to VA1 the other day I happily jumped into a retrofit Galaxy and I was ready for some PvP. The first thing I noticed is that using full impulse even for a few seconds forces the saucer section to automatically reconnect. I thought it might be that I was getting really far out of range but no, it's purely related to going to full impulse which is how you tend to get around between mission objectives in PvE and PvP.

I know there were issues with it being left behind widely reported in testing but this isn't a solution and it's proven so annoying to me that I've gone back to my Sovereign. The saucer is limited in use as it is with the main attraction being the stardrive's increased damage potential and maneuverability but what is the point of offering this if you have to rely on evasive maneuvers, emergency power to engines, engine batteries and full power to engines to try and get around maps.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-30-2010, 06:00 AM
i agree that what you mention is annoying but hopefully it will be fixed. however the saucer seperation is a very useful ability. ATM only diehard tribble testers really know how powerful it can be and they arent telling.

id stay in it for now and try to get used to it because it can be really useful
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-30-2010, 10:32 AM
I've kept the ship but dropped the skill and jumped back into my Sovereign. The extra tactical console helps to forget what I'm leaving behind but it's annoying to think that this was brought up repeatedly in the testing for Season 2. It was tweaked but all I see is that they buffed the health and stopped it being stunned into reconnecting. It still does the pointless reconnect but any time you use full impulse it reconnects means there's little point in using it unless you never use full impulse.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-30-2010, 10:55 AM
I believe the point then would be that you don't use it for every single combat, and continue to use Full Impulse.