Lt. Commander
# 11
07-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snix View Post
Greetings all,

I wanted to give out some information on what's on the way for PvP in the near term.

1) A bug fix for the updated PvP queue system that causes match launch failure.

2) A simplified queue list that focuses the choices to space/ground, game type, and factions.

3) A new PvP Private Battle lobby interface. Private battles will allow for a wide variety of customization for creating the battle scenario you want to play.
Want to play 1 on 1? In.
Want to play 3 on 5? In.
Want to play with teams of mixed tier ships against another? In.
Want to mix Starfleet and Klingon ships on the same side? In.

Basically the only restrictions are the game type being tied to the battlefield map, as those elements are linked together with the way the existing maps are built. Otherwise, you'll have the functionality to either create a straightforward private match or recreate whatever team configurations you want to play with. This will be great for Fleets or Houses to challenge each other using their players from across all rank ranges.

4) Specific tournament queues that open for a fixed window of time (likely something short to start with; a weekend) that will track your individual performance and display the results with rewards given out for top honors.

More is on the way, but the above is in development (or already in testing) and should be out soon.

Thanks as always for your patience,
-snix
1) YES!
2) YES!
3) Ah nice 1 on 1s and more are Private, though wish there was a public selection too. Mainly due to lower levels having fewer peopel to fill up queues. And at Tier 5, and alternative to group combat.

4) Depends on what kind of special rewards, but I'm not too fond of this favoratism unless PvEers have a simlar reward system in place.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Greetings all,

I wanted to give out some information on what's on the way for PvP in the near term.

2) A simplified queue list that focuses the choices to space/ground, game type, and factions.

3) A new PvP Private Battle lobby interface. Private battles will allow for a wide variety of customization for creating the battle scenario you want to play.
Want to play 1 on 1? In.
Want to play 3 on 5? In.

Basically the only restrictions are the game type being tied to the battlefield map, as those elements are linked together with the way the existing maps are built. Otherwise, you'll have the functionality to either create a straightforward private match or recreate whatever team configurations you want to play with. This will be great for Fleets or Houses to challenge each other using their players from across all rank ranges.

4) Specific tournament queues that open for a fixed window of time (likely something short to start with; a weekend) that will track your individual performance and display the results with rewards given out for top honors.

More is on the way, but the above is in development (or already in testing) and should be out soon.

-snix
You sure you don't want those PSD the community had for the interface?

I can upload them to rapidshare, if you're feeling old school.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Don't forget ground pvp!
07-30-2010, 04:09 PM
How about you also address the ground balance issues (its a link!) that were introduced with some hidden changes of the season2 patch ?

(i call those hidden changes as none of that was really mentioned in season2 patch notes, so there was either a reason to not mention it or they are unwanted side effects of some pve tweaks, in any case they create a serious ground pvp balance issue atm and need to be addressed asap too)

Also about the queue changes.. the amount of ground players is rather small a lot smaller then for space so it may need a special solution. Currently 10 hours of waiting time in the queue yield around 1 (!) game, thats quite a lot worse then whats happening in space, even the amount of popups/failed starts is rather low.

Here a few additional ideas :
  • Maybe ground games should get running even if its just 3on3.
  • A must have: if all players of one team quit/LD out, start a countdown after 1 minute and declare the remaining team winner - it sucks to get stuck in a map.
  • The new spawn code needs a tweak, im not sure how much you really changed there.. but from what i heard (yes theres to few games happening to run tests) theres a lot more spawn camping happening after season 2.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Greetings all,

Want to play 1 on 1? In.
Want to play 3 on 5? In.

-snix
Ty Snix, im posting this on my fleet website, i predict much rejoicement!
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-30-2010, 04:18 PM
GREAT! Wow Cryptic that's even faster than I thought! Really appreciate the haste you have shown me.

You should check out my latest posts cuz if you find out a way to help us make my idea happen, it will be a hit.

Also, can we get word on the questions faithborn asked just a page back?

P.S. - I promise to do less QQ when something goes wrong because I trust you, now, to really get on top of an issue and fix it asap. Thank you.

All my respect,
Erus Nex
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-30-2010, 04:19 PM
oh wow i cant wait untill these go live ^^
this will make pvp epic fun again
thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-30-2010, 04:27 PM
1v1? Heh.

Can't wait. those who yell "You couldn't beat me one on one" will have no excuses mwahahaha.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:

Yay on 1. Double yay on 2, something I've wanted since closed beta. But I'm more than a little worried about #3. If you let people pick their opponents and set the rules of the match, I don't see how you can grant XP or badges or any other reward, or else people will exploit the heck out of it by only "fighting" against their friends and taking turns throwing the match.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Greetings all,

Want to play 1 on 1? In.
Want to play 3 on 5? In.

-snix
Thank you, this sounds awesome! So hum.. when? Can I pen you in for next Thursday? :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousBrad
Yay on 1. Double yay on 2, something I've wanted since closed beta. But I'm more than a little worried about #3. If you let people pick their opponents and set the rules of the match, I don't see how you can grant XP or badges or any other reward, or else people will exploit the heck out of it by only "fighting" against their friends and taking turns throwing the match.
I think option #3 is only for friends wanting to have fun with each other, I'd be shocked if it granted anything. I know I will enjoy that feature.
Closed Thread