Lt. Commander
# 11
06-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Mine was eight of eitght also, and you can claim it on all alts.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-24-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I am affraid I have to disagree with pretty much all the people here.

I Bought the C-Store Borg BO, and i was able to claim her for both my main and my alt.
Sounds like you agree with everyone. "Per account" means that if you pay for it once, all your characters have access to it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-25-2010, 07:47 AM
errr that depends on how you read the questions.

when I read originally I thought the question was "1 per account" as well, meaning if you have 3 feds..and you buy the fed borg, only 1 of the 3 feds will get the borg and 2 others wont.

but reading it a fourth time I kidna can see that it also means "unlock getting 1 borg per character per account" meaning you can only claim the borg 1 time per fed captain you have. so it depends on how you read it..when I see "per account" I actually read it like the prior..meaning you get 1 borg and you have to choose which captain you get it on wisely. which isn't true obviously so.

all depends on how you read it : )

but yes once you purchase it, you can get the officer 1 time (unless you dismiss it) per captain of that faction. (meaning every klingon captain will get 1 borg if you purchase the klingon borg, and so forth). its not just 1 per account, its 1 per character per faction. you'll still have to buy it twice to unlock the lib borg for every character in the game (well until they release romulans or whatever faction is next)

also as said its an engineer with some pretty nice abilities. nice enough that you might not need another engineer until your ship has more than 1 engineering station.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi
errr that depends on how you read the questions.

when I read originally I thought the question was "1 per account" as well, meaning if you have 3 feds..and you buy the fed borg, only 1 of the 3 feds will get the borg and 2 others wont.
That is how I read it, and still read it.

Now had it said "once pr toon" or "Once pr Char"... Then yes, I would have agreed.

I Still dissagree.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Can it be renamed like other BO's or are you stuck with whatever name the game generates?
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikus
Can it be renamed like other BO's or are you stuck with whatever name the game generates?
The Borg BO can be renamed with the same restrictions (free first time, etc.) as all the BOs. Costume customization is trickier, but I have my Borg BO smartly dressed in a 'Wrath of Khan' uniform...
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
The Borg BO can be renamed with the same restrictions (free first time, etc.) as all the BOs. Costume customization is trickier, but I have my Borg BO smartly dressed in a 'Wrath of Khan' uniform...
Awesome, thanks. I had a thought the other day to create a Liberated Borg and give him a Borg BO companion - kinda like they fell deep in Borg love and ran away. You know, "Assimilate me baby!"

But Cryptic didn't put the BO on-sale this weekend. Oh well, maybe Labor Day.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
  1. Per account. If you already have one claimed on a character, you won't be able to claim a new one until you dismiss your current one (AFAIK). This keeps you from having multiple copies per captain (like the Connie).
  2. Engineering Officer only. You cannot select the career path of this BO.
Are the starting skills on the Liberated Borg BOff always the same?

If I dismiss her, can I definitely get another LBBOff without having to pay for her again?
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle_of_Night View Post
Are the starting skills on the Liberated Borg BOff always the same?

If I dismiss her, can I definitely get another LBBOff without having to pay for her again?
The last time I checked, it was possible to use up the 'Borg BO' for training purposes, then reclaim her again from the C-Store.. But her Skills are fixed and are always the same...
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
That is how I read it, and still read it.

Now had it said "once pr toon" or "Once pr Char"... Then yes, I would have agreed.

I Still dissagree.
Well the OP said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffadeuce View Post
Thinking of getting the C-store liberated Borg BO. Perhaps my search fu is weak but unable to find answers to the following..

1) Is this a once per account unlock or can you buy more than one?

2) I understand from Cryptic site that this will unlock for all characters on account - what is the liberated Borg BO type ( Tac-Eng-Sci )? Or does this vary with what the Captain toon is?

Thanks in advance for any help, Waff
I've bolded and underlined the important bit, being that the OP asked if it was a once per account unlock not a one per account unlock.

Once per account unlock is a lot different to one per account.