Lt. Commander
I don't know if this is the correct channel to post this but...who would like to have some sort of "practice mode" PvP or a sandbox area where we could test tactics, builds and moves with some friends/fleetmates?

What I am talking about is the idea to have some areas like the Open PvP maps (say Ker'rat) where you can choose to have both FvF, FvK or KvK; It can even be as simple as having a "free for all" open PvP zone, where you could simply warp in with a friend, get out on some remote areas of the map and run your tests.

Private PvP games require 6 players, which are too many if you're just looking to try out some new configuration; It is currently doable in the FvK open PvP areas, but there is no way (to my knowledge) to do this as FvF nor KvK - shame as it would also be a great feature for Fleets.

Hope this gets the attention of some developers
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-30-2010, 07:48 AM
You can Duel I believe. Just go to any space map, (exploration or maybe even Sol/Qo'Nos?) and right click on the player and select Duel. I'm not sure if that option is in this game, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-30-2010, 08:04 AM
You gotta be kidding me...I'll check and let you know, if it's there...I owe you one!
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Sorry to bump this up, but I was also thinking...Ok, if the "duel" option is there, we could still use a "free for all" area to run trainings/testing with more than 2 and fewer than 6 players. I don't see this being too hard to implement, unless there is some mechanics in the game that only allows for two factions and requires each player to be part of either one.

People, please comment...I think this could be a nice idea
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-30-2010, 11:15 PM
We are revising the challenge system in the game. You will be able to create private games on any of the existing PvP maps with any number of players at any level. We're trying to get this out to players as soon as possible, but I can make no promises on an exact date.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-31-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
We are revising the challenge system in the game. You will be able to create private games on any of the existing PvP maps with any number of players at any level. We're trying to get this out to players as soon as possible, but I can make no promises on an exact date.
Great news, thanks, just read Snix's post!
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
That's very intriguing news, I look forward to testing this feature and thank you.