Lt. Commander
# 21
12-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Maybe - http://www.mobygames.com/developer/s...loperId,46258/
Or Awen The ex-community manager from Jumpgate Evolution... would be my guesses.
Hey I was right. http://community.codemasters.com/for...d.php?t=320489
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minago View Post
hope razor didn't get laid off
^^^ that's a thinly veiled moderator yes man response if I've ever seen one.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Well time will tell if this ends up being good for us. In the short ther I hope it is good for Cryptic. Good luck guys at Cryptic and welcome to the forum Awen.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Ok what's the deal with this 2010 release date? The GI issue said Fall 2009. Has it been pushed back already? Keep us in the loop with this kinda stuff, or don't put out release dates you can't keep.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-09-2008, 11:55 AM
From what I have seen in my real life job, New company takes over, and the old bosses/managment get canned..
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I think we are at the cross roads of this game ever seeing the light of day.
new money is fine a 2010 date instead of 2009 maybe ok if its to get the project right.
but we are looking at bean counters now.
cyrptic may still have creativity rights to st online but they no long have control of there bridge.
means if the star trek movie tanks.
cyrptic next project just does so so on the market. you will see the bean counters pull the plug on it or they'll water it down to get it realeased as fast as possible to try to get there money out of it.
atari was big in the 80's arcade games, alright in the early 90's amiga computers.
but they been almost bankruped since then.
as well your looking at a europian company who probly doesn't get the whole star trek thing compaired to north america.
its all about the $$$
God I hope I'm wrong about this!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO_Gilligan View Post
^^^ that's a thinly veiled moderator yes man response if I've ever seen one.
huh?

nah i cant stand PR junk

but i like razor he's cool ...he doesn't come off as fake and will set you straight on things if ya ask ...i remember a certain thread with a marine "comes to mind"

versus different hugging mod on a certain forum
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Quote:
From what I have seen in my real life job, New company takes over, and the old bosses/managment get canned..
I sure hope not Thus far we (as a community) have been really happy with Cryptic's ideas and concepts... I really want to see this game happen.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeEnigma
And you, ignoring for the moment your title, are whom?

Inquiring minds want to know!
well Razor is the "Community Relations Representative"
And Awen's Title is "Online Community Lead"

I know you siad ignoring the titles, but I'm assuming that Awen's just an expansion employee (not replacemetn) with the purpose of more directly interacting with the online community rather then razor which seems to be more of a moderator / organizer for the online community.

So possibly we might be likely to see more direct responces and questions in the online community from awen? Or atleast I hope so.. I'd hate to think they replaced Razor.

One things for sure, Awen is a completely new account seeing as it was created dec 08.. likely a day or so ago.. if not today
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callsign11b View Post
I think we are at the cross roads of this game ever seeing the light of day.
new money is fine a 2010 date instead of 2009 maybe ok if its to get the project right.
but we are looking at bean counters now.
cyrptic may still have creativity rights to st online but they no long have control of there bridge.
means if the star trek movie tanks.
cyrptic next project just does so so on the market. you will see the bean counters pull the plug on it or they'll water it down to get it realeased as fast as possible to try to get there money out of it.
atari was big in the 80's arcade games, alright in the early 90's amiga computers.
but they been almost bankruped since then.
as well your looking at a europian company who probly doesn't get the whole star trek thing compaired to north america.
its all about the $$$
God I hope I'm wrong about this!!!!
I agree, Cryptic was Mainly about GOOD Product, care and it's players. Infogames/Atari.. There IS A reason they almost went belly up, THEY do have a tendancy to "Buy up and Wash out" (A term we use in the hotel industry that means, When a "Forign Banker" (IE: a patel) Buys a hotel, it's great, Money is still coming in, then somehow, Bills aren't being paid, they let it fall apart and sell it under a US TAX failure clause, and make 2x what it is worth) I hope I AM wrong too..
I REally wanted to see this game happen, and play till i am very old...
*please don't be real*

(no offence to anyone, it IS A statistical fact) *hugs to all*