Lt. Commander
# 21
07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Follow-up question.

What exactly are the "Anthropology missions" You're supposed to get your first one for at Consul?
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Anthropology missions are not yet released
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ci4nte
Anthropology missions are not yet released
Ah, that explains why I haven't gotten them then. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Rehes
Not all explore missions grant DXP.

They need to be:

Missions that have no combat objective (kill XXX squads, etc)
Can't be Scan Anomalies
Can't be the scan prob fragments w/ hostile aliens ground mission

Other than that, unless the mission is bugged in general, you should get DXP.

Check the guide for more details.
This is partially untrue. If you have a scan the vessels in space mission to determine why they were damaged and there are enemies flying around (aka the ones responsible) You can destroy them and still get DPX
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omadigan View Post
This is partially untrue. If you have a scan the vessels in space mission to determine why they were damaged and there are enemies flying around (aka the ones responsible) You can destroy them and still get DPX
I can confirm that.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-01-2010, 12:52 PM
May or may not want to note this on the storyline section; I expect it'll be fixed once the devs see the bug reports, but until then...

The Quarantine mission has a text bug of sorts. At one point during experimenting, it gives you the choice between Disodium or Calcium Somethingorother as a chelating agent. The Memory Alpha research states that Disodium is fatal, but using it during the experimental phase yields positive results. However, actually synthesizing the counteragent with Disodium doesn't work. So, despite it looking like it won't work, you'll need to use Calcium.

I suspect this is something along the lines of someone accidentally swapping labels on the buttons in the database. As I said, it's probably going to be fixed at some point, but until then a note might be in order on the guide?
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omadigan View Post
Ahem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Rehes
Not all explore missions grant DXP.

They need to be:

Missions that have no combat objective (kill XXX squads, etc)
Can't be Scan Anomalies
Can't be the scan prob fragments w/ hostile aliens ground mission

Other than that, unless the mission is bugged in general, you should get DXP.

Check the guide for more details.
Those missions have no combat objective, then just happen to have people trying to kill you.

As long as it's not a mission objective, it can involve combat.

Quote:
The Stonewall Fleet Diplomatic Team feels confident that you can use the following rules to determine if an explore mission is likely to give you Diplomatic XP:

If a mission has a mission objective of killing X number of people/ships, then it will not give you DXP.

However, should a mission have peaceful objectives (scan this, fix that, etc) where you just happen to have people also trying to kill you, you will likely gain DXP. Should you have a mission with peaceful objectives and no one trying to kill you this will also grant DXP. Scan Anomalies is the only known exception to this, as it grants no XP or DXP.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptExpendable
May or may not want to note this on the storyline section; I expect it'll be fixed once the devs see the bug reports, but until then...

The Quarantine mission has a text bug of sorts. At one point during experimenting, it gives you the choice between Disodium or Calcium Somethingorother as a chelating agent. The Memory Alpha research states that Disodium is fatal, but using it during the experimental phase yields positive results. However, actually synthesizing the counteragent with Disodium doesn't work. So, despite it looking like it won't work, you'll need to use Calcium.

I suspect this is something along the lines of someone accidentally swapping labels on the buttons in the database. As I said, it's probably going to be fixed at some point, but until then a note might be in order on the guide?
I've seen no Cryptic response saying it's bugged, and I'm not sure it is. Your science officer tells you something along the lines of results with on a person being more important than results with a lab, and in some of the info you're given it also says that one of the chemicals that turn positive in experimentation turned deadly when used on a person.

When I read that I took it to mean that the experimentation may be misleading. So, I made a chart, cross referencing each chemical and how it tested, AND what the research or people said about it, and got my cure from that.

Worked first time.

I think it's just an involved mission that people are reporting as bugged because they don't expect to have to look over it so closely.

I'll try it again tonight on my toon and double check my chart, to make sure it didn't change. I do say how to make a chart in the guide, as it does help for this one.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Easy to read, concise and accurate guide. Thanks for the effort.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I jsut wanted to let everyone know taht I'm in the process of making a major update to the guide.

I've been thinking on it, and I've decided to add pictures and maps, along with a smidge more detail on how to do some of the missions that people are having a hard time on (I'm STILLL not going to tell people the answers, but hopefully I'll give you just the right amount of detail that you won't need the answers handed to you).

If anyone has suggestions, you're welcome to give them. I plan to add a detailed map for Vulcan, (and all other spots, but a bit more detail for Vulcan) and a copy of the basic chart I used for Quarantine, as those look to be the ones people have trouble with. So, if you think of anything I should add, let me know.