Lt. Commander
# 11
07-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Well like above, Liberated Borg can get reassimilated back.

But the thing is, Infected's storyline revolves around a Cure for Assimilation. So Admirals should be granted access to a cure.

So this easily can become an unlockable ability that should either be in a consumable form or an innate trait that gets unlocked.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-30-2010, 09:31 PM
While I believe that yes a liberated borg could rejoin the collective against their will. I believe the OP is refereing to the nanoprobe injection. If that is the case, the liberated borg has nanoprobes already within them and an injection of fresh nanoprobes would either have no effect, cause the new ones to reprogram teh old ones, or possibly a microscopic war happens within the body of the individual. If its a reprogram of the already present probes. They would actually be more vulnerable because the nanoprobes would not need to multiply.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
One was immune to being controlled by the Borg, he was able to override the control of the Cube, even though he linked to the Collective and was communicating with the Borg.
Don't forget that One was also a 29th Century Borg. He may have been immune to the 24th Century Borg simply because he was 500 years more advanced.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Hunter
While I believe that yes a liberated borg could rejoin the collective against their will. I believe the OP is refereing to the nanoprobe injection. If that is the case, the liberated borg has nanoprobes already within them and an injection of fresh nanoprobes would either have no effect, cause the new ones to reprogram teh old ones, or possibly a microscopic war happens within the body of the individual. If its a reprogram of the already present probes. They would actually be more vulnerable because the nanoprobes would not need to multiply.
Seven's Nano-probes are kept in a semi-dormant state. There was an episode in which they went wild and started to re-assimilate her.

Being injected with new fresh nanoprobes will 100% assimilate her back. The only reason the Borg Queen didn't do it was because she wanted her to join them of their own free will and RETAIN her thinking, just like she once wanted from Picard's Locutus, but he refused/fought her, so he had to remain a drone.

Likewise, at the end of that exchange, the queen is ready to just make a plain drone out of seven since she's disappointed in her views, but Seven gets rescued right in the nick of time.