Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
08-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
EVERY class in the game has cloak detection skills... learn them.
Eject Plasma
Charged Particle Burst
Gravity Well
Sensor Scan
GW needs a target to be able to fire... but mines! Mines will target uncloaked ships! How about fitting a dispersal pattern and a mine launcher?
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-02-2010, 07:59 AM
I play both klingon and feds.

The first post is what happens when you give those type of people that you are pvping against a cloaking device... giving them more cloaking devices is like adding some kerocene and a lit match to a cow patty.

As a kling we played as a team and used submarine tactics. We played offensively because that's what klings do and its simple courtesy to not just hide and wait for the opponent to leave game. Recently we've been getting several feds that do this in pvp. Ninja cloakers weave in and out of battle.

As a fed we forego the cloak and work as a team. We play defensively in order to null the klingon alpha strike, outlast them and then go at it. We try to stop ninja cloaks via various science abilities.

So cryptic, please don't put more cloaks or any phase cloaks into the game fedside (no phase cloaks for klingons either). If anything it shouldn't have been given in the first place, but you did... don't make it worse because in all honesty you can't fix stupid players, you can only make them less worse.
Lt. Commander
# 33 Fed Cloak system
08-02-2010, 01:36 PM
In short there are certain races in the federation that are so parinoid that council banned the use of cloak in the federation.

To put is Simple Andorians don't like spy's in cloaked ships watching them eat at a 7 11 superstore.

Even in DS9 the Cloak was used in grey areas such as Cardass space during a war.
The Gamma Qaud.
Dominion war.

Its really not that huge of a advantage since its one or 2 ships cloaked.

However there where other ways to about evening up the fights such as tetrion mines or tetrion boyue that detects up to 20 meters.

The Federation has ways to detect cloaked ships. plenty of time to develop them. All that needs to be done is add them to the game.

And yes you are seeing more ships and a couple of missions the require that stealth ability.

I don't think you see whole fleets of cloaked x ships running around pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
GW needs a target to be able to fire... but mines! Mines will target uncloaked ships! How about fitting a dispersal pattern and a mine launcher?
Exactly theres some more anti cloak tech.

Emergency power to Aux also increases cloak detection. I have been running EPTA on my bop as I can run while cloaked. lol funny to decloak and waste a cloaked ship. Of course thats when you can hit them with the grave well.