Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 13 hostile takeover?!?!
12-09-2008, 07:47 PM
wow, that's kinda odd that the same company now pretty much owns the marketing and distribution of eve online and sto....i always kinda figured that when sto came out it would draw a lot of players from eve. it's not like a pepsi vs. coca cola decision, it's more like an indy venture vs a well established i.p. where the people who've been playing the indy game have been doing so b/c hey let's face it there's no star wars or star trek game like it. by a show of hands...anyone here fit that bill? i know i do. granted, eve has a great backstory, graphics, etc., plus not having to pay for expansions (which is a freakin great idea btw and they seem to be fully able to maintenance the game w/o those revenues-hint hint) but there's several fundamental flaws in the gameplay. never leaving your ship to go planetside, the really odd lack of truly alien races, etc. both of which sto guarantees. i just feel that when sto gets released, that's the end of the line for eve cause atari will not put enough money into properly marketing it and the money ccp put down to deliver retail copies will be in vain. then ccp goes bankrupt atari buys it ftw. then there goes a really great, groundbreaking game fell by the corporate machine. i don't fear for the future of sto nearly as much as i fear for the future of eve.