Lt. Commander
# 21
08-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggs
Havent been on for a few months, had made it to r-admiral and decided to take a rest and see what improvements were made to game play. decided to come back on and discover that I cant use paypal,(?)
I can buy cryptic points with it but cant buy time...hmmm. So I went out and bought a 60 day game card (actually 2) and though the site recognizes its valid I keep getting an account error message. I have filed 3 support requests with no replies. A valid PayPal account, 4 months worth of time cards and I still cant play.

Better see some help soon or I'll scratch playing the game all together.
Same problem here... Except I did get an answer which is apparently a form letter. They simple told me that my payment method was declined. HAH! I can buy cryptic points with it but its declined when it comes to the subscription??? Really? I also tried everything, three different CCs, paypal, gametime cards everything and none of it works and their response is your payment was declined. uh no!

Billing support needs to look into this and give more then a form letter response. There is something wrong and it needs to be looked into.

My Support Ticket for reference is #933638 could one of you guys please look into? and provide more of an answer then a form letter. There is nothing wrong with my forms of payments, its your system that has the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I just bought the Digital Download version of the game and I was given the information and everything. Through Atari. But when I try to activate it. The website takes me to a Billing website where I have to pay for another 30 Days..And then it tells me my payment was declined? How is that possible?
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-01-2010, 02:06 PM
It's amazing that, with a decline in Subscriptions, that they wouldnt put forth even a modest effort in trying to retain past and current members.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggs
It's amazing that, with a decline in Subscriptions, that they wouldnt put forth even a modest effort in trying to retain past and current members.
Perhaps the conclusion you should draw is that there is no decline? Since there's no evidence either way, your own argument says that would make more sense.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Hello, my subscription ended yesterday, August 1st, so I went to prolong it. Using my CC it told me there was an error (I can buy Cryptic points fine, so my CC is all right) and when I tried PayPal, I was directed to a PayPal page without any price and clicking on continue send me back to Startrekonline. My account now reads as active with payment date toady, August 2nd. Any idea what is wrong? Will have to do this daily? Or what.

EDIT

The maintenance set my account to cancelled, CC still does not work and using PayPal gets me the same result. I see active with next payment date today. Fix that system!
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-02-2010, 10:07 AM
No need to fear people. you can probably imagine that with so many people experiencing problems.. and since this part of the forum was a mistake because everyone is directed to "submit a ticket". There must be thousands submitting tickets, some do it multiple times. Therefore it will take time before they will get to you. In the mean time all we can do is play another game, till this is fixed.

Eh it could be worse... I bought a digital copy....

Also I noticed that if you buy the game through Steam, activate it through Steam. you can play the game through Steam....which is easy..but it is to late for me lol.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Um I bought the digital version of the game.. I was charged $21.54
When I used my cd key to try and subscribe my account it tells me my "payment is declined" not only that...I am missing $30 from my account. Now I dont wanna cause an uproar about $30 missing. But. that money could have been put back into the game. Please answer me.FAST
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarth View Post
Um I bought the digital version of the game.. I was charged $21.54
When I used my cd key to try and subscribe my account it tells me my "payment is declined" not only that...I am missing $30 from my account. Now I dont wanna cause an uproar about $30 missing. But. that money could have been put back into the game. Please answer me.FAST
you need to open a ticket with billing. you are not going to get a quick answer on the forums

from the fourm front page on this section of the forum

Quote:
Receive peer to peer support for technical issues in regards to Star Trek Online here! File a support ticket if you need help from the Cryptic Support team.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-03-2010, 10:14 AM
The tricky part is that you can't open a ticket. At leat I can't. I have similar problems, the site accepts my key but it want me to pay for at least one more month. I start to realize that I may have to buy one more month if I want to enjoy my first free month.
Lt. Commander
# 30 Back to back payments
08-04-2010, 08:39 PM
First, the good news, after 5 days Im able to log back on, hurray!
Secondly, I first payed with a 30 day STO/PayPal transaction (went through great) and then I activated a 60 day prepaid card (also went through great) but this is not listed on my account. So, will this "60 Day" kick in after my "30 day" has lapsed?

Thanks in advance.