Lt. Commander
# 11
08-02-2010, 06:43 PM
I think Cryptic should dedicate an entire season with almost all Klingon Missions. This would most likely never happen though, but I just feel Klingon content still needs to be beefed up signifantly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presbytier View Post
That is essentially what I said.
Perhaps that is what you MEANT, but not what you said. What you said was that Cryptic only "tact them on at the end", which sounds like they werent even intended to be in the game in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth2000 View Post
I think Cryptic should dedicate an entire season with almost all Klingon Missions. This would most likely never happen though, but I just feel Klingon content still needs to be beefed up signifantly.
So do I, but I believe that we would be better served if they set a separate team aside for a KDF expansion pack.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
So do I, but I believe that we would be better served if they set a separate team aside for a KDF expansion pack.
The question is, where would this other team come from? Is STO even doing well enough for Cryptic to be able to hire another team?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The question is, where would this other team come from? Is STO even doing well enough for Cryptic to be able to hire another team?
That is the question it seems. While I would like to know the answer to this, I feel as though I might not feel any better knowing the answer.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Those are questions for which neither I nor you have answers to. I am merely proposing what I believe would be the best way to do it. How they do it is obviously up to them. On the other hand I would hope the game makes enough money to do this otherwise the very longevity of the game comes into question.

P.S. They are hiring new positions according to their website.

http://crypticstudios.com/index.php?...id=9&Itemid=46
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Those are questions for which neither I nor you have answers to. I am merely proposing what I believe would be the best way to do it.
Well for what its worth, I agree that I would like there to be a separate team developing the Klingon faction. That said, I dont truthfully think that is a realistic possibility. I think the only real hope for Klingons getting their own unique storylines on a regular basis at this point is UGC. I would PREFER the Devs were able to pull it off, I just dont think they are.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Well for what its worth, I agree that I would like there to be a separate team developing the Klingon faction. That said, I dont truthfully think that is a realistic possibility. I think the only real hope for Klingons getting their own unique storylines on a regular basis at this point is UGC. I would PREFER the Devs were able to pull it off, I just dont think they are.
They may not need a separate development team all they need to do is split their production time between new Fed content and developing new faction expansion packs. Unfortunately I do not work for Cryptic so I can not tell them what to do. :p I do believe it is possible for them to do since they don't need to create new tools they already have all the tools they need.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Despite what was said in the past - the issue remains that the Klingon faction is in a weird state. Everyone can agree on that - and partly because Klingon players themselves have a dichotomy of interests. Some players want all PVP and others all PVE.

What we really need to do is focus on the entire purpose we set the game to be in a time when the Federation and Klingon faction is at war and develop that storyline and make it an integral part of the game. Right now it is a little bit of everything and it needs focus.

We are actively discussing the focus needed to make the factions make sense and I really don't want to add a 3rd faction into the mix until we have this sorted out.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Despite what was said in the past - the issue remains that the Klingon faction is in a weird state. Everyone can agree on that - and partly because Klingon players themselves have a dichotomy of interests. Some players want all PVP and others all PVE.

What we really need to do is focus on the entire purpose we set the game to be in a time when the Federation and Klingon faction is at war and develop that storyline and make it an integral part of the game. Right now it is a little bit of everything and it needs focus.

We are actively discussing the focus needed to make the factions make sense and I really don't want to add a 3rd faction into the mix until we have this sorted out.
I'd like to say that I think the faction would be alot better if the XP was changed. AS it stands now, the only way to get an OK amount of skill points is sit in the Nebula and pwnz them Romulanz. Until I can rank my Klingon up by doing PVP, stories , etc., I'm just gonna leave him alone.