Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
07-29-2010, 04:48 AM
I agree that c-store is getting way out of control for a subscription game, the're are items in it that affect gameplay such as efficient BO's and ships with unique abilities.

We used to get extra BO slots with every rank, these were removed from in game at new ranks as soon as they appeared in c-store at per char prices.

The excuse of the additional ship options being available in game is a farce, we used to get 1 free ship per rank and ALL other options were available for in game EC currency at realistic prices. 500 Emblems is not what i would consider being available in game as it would take months of monotonous repetitive missions to acquire this number of emblems without getting any MK xi gear from npc's.

I would not consider $15 or $25 for a ship a micro-transaction for a subscription game and fear that c-store is going to get worse. It is making me seriously reconsider playing STO due to the direction c-store is taking.
Lt. Commander
# 52
07-29-2010, 05:11 AM
I think that you should get a few Cryptic Points for free as a veterans reward every now and again, so you can buy some of the basic things you want. Choosing your own rewards is a better way of giving people what they like than just giving away the same tihng to everyone.

Personally I don't mind the C-store too much, but I don't plan on buying Cryptic points at any point. As long as I get enough points from various promos etc. to get a ship costume or something every once in a while I'm alright...
Lt. Commander
# 53
07-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Sorry for the bad English as it is not my first language. Seriously I would have bought this game but I opted not to after browsing thru the C-Store. I believe most of the stuff should be ingame. This is a P2P MMO not F2P. You cannot compare WOW with STO lol. WOW 11 million players and STO "cough" players lol.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-03-2010, 01:14 AM
Just wanted to agree with the OP about the CStore. The number of items added to it (STO/CO), is unprecedented in a a sub MMO. I don't care if you call it "fluff". Cryptics been called out on Massively, people freaked out that they wanted to charge for Revelation & yet they are adding more & more now?

I can't really buy the idea that CS revenue is going into making CStore stuff. Money doesn't create time & manpower unless you are outsourcing stuff & Dstahl specifically pointed out the limited # of ship artists as a reason you can't add the ships for free. Something doesn't add up. Unless Cryptic only sells about 100 of the $5 items it certainly isn't just used to pay for the manpower to make a ship. And did it really take that much manpower to change NCC to NX? I don't think we buy the "$$ from the CStore is only used to make CStore items". Please STOP charging for the lack of content. MMOs are supposed to have all this kind of (what Cryptic calls) "fluff" as rewards to playing the game! It's supposed to part of our goals & rewards.

Stop charging for the content that should be inherent to the game. You charge us already.
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-03-2010, 02:09 AM
I like the C-store just the way it is.
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-03-2010, 04:54 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 57
08-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuroshin View Post
I feel that when I pay a monthly fee that it should cover any newly released content, however it seems if you want to get a full experience in the game I have to spend MORE money on a game that I bought and then payed a monthly fee for. I have not played any other mmo that need more then my monthly fee for me to get everything that the game had to offer.
If you haven't played another MMO that charges you for something above and beyond your monthly subscription fee, you aren't really playing a MMO. So "Farmville" doesn't really count ... :p

Just about every MMO on the market charges you for something or other beyond the monthly subscription fee. It is a fact of life for MMOs and something you need to accept. If you don't like it, don't pay for the added fluff content.

Also, read the Terms of Service again... your monthly subscription grants you access to the game - it does not entitle you to any future content updates.... which, btw, have been free (ie. Seasons 1 and 2).

If you do not want to spend the money on fluff items in the C-Store, don't. No one is forcing you to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 58
08-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
If you haven't played another MMO that charges you for something above and beyond your monthly subscription fee, you aren't really playing a MMO. So "Farmville" doesn't really count ... :p

Just about every MMO on the market charges you for something or other beyond the monthly subscription fee. It is a fact of life for MMOs and something you need to accept. If you don't like it, don't pay for the added fluff content.

Also, read the Terms of Service again... your monthly subscription grants you access to the game - it does not entitle you to any future content updates.... which, btw, have been free (ie. Seasons 1 and 2).

If you do not want to spend the money on fluff items in the C-Store, don't. No one is forcing you to do so.
Thank you !!!!!! i agree totally your sub fee says that you can play the game not get everything your heart desires. I do not know any mmo were you dont pay for new content. Except maby EVE and well i already have a job don't need another one.
Lt. Commander
# 59
08-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
Thank you !!!!!! i agree totally your sub fee says that you can play the game not get everything your heart desires. I do not know any mmo were you dont pay for new content. Except maby EVE and well i already have a job don't need another one.
They can add all that stuff into the game just fine based on subs. Heck, the game is still in development, and I don't mean "it's evolving & growing". Most full, P2P MMOs have a 5 year cycle, they did STO in 2. So with the obvious lack of content, polish & depth that players & reviewers (and even Dstahl) have pointed out, I really don't see this game as done until about 2 1/2 years from now. By that point they will have had money from your subs (that most MMOs don't get during development) and money from the C-Store under the guise of "giving the community what it wanted" when it's really "Finishing the game" & probably even try to sell an expansion. They tried to see what they could get away with, & we obliged them.
Lt. Commander
# 60
08-04-2010, 04:54 AM
I'd personally rather see all the c-store stuff show up in a 30 dollar expansion pack., especially the different race officers available. The fluff stuff i.e. different uniform sets would be nice mission rewards. I like the unlockable ports from the diplomatic missions, they could have done the ship costumes and player costumes in a similar fashion.

I understand the feeling of being nickle and dimed to death, your paying 40-50 bucks for the game and paying 15 a month to play it, then if you want some of the "extras" you ahve to pay more money. That being said I dont have a problem with the C-store as long as its only fluff items, if they start putting in high end gear that gives advantages then thats a problem.

I scored 500 cstore pts back when the game was just starting for doing a survey, id like to see more stuff like that where people can earn them as well as buy them if they choose too.