Lt. Commander
It was one of the most Trek-like missions I can remember playing thus far. A nice balance of combat elements, diplomacy/first contact elements, and "boldly going where no one has gone before".

I realize this is only one player's opinion, but I wanted those responsible to know that I really enjoyed this story.

Cheers,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-02-2010, 01:57 AM
/signed .
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-02-2010, 02:24 AM
Yes, there should definately be more missions like this one, thanks Cryptic for this great "endgame mission".
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Great mission!
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-03-2010, 02:22 PM
***Possible SPOILERS*****

I enjoyed the over all direction and story of the mission. However, the description of the Great Ones or Gekli seems to more accurately describe the lifeform/starship from the TNG episode 'Tin Man'; found in season 3. The model used in the mission is representative of the lifeforms in 'Galaxy's Child' TNG season 4 episode 16. Is this a mistake or intentional.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endariok View Post
***Possible SPOILERS*****

I enjoyed the over all direction and story of the mission. However, the description of the Great Ones or Gekli seems to more accurately describe the lifeform/starship from the TNG episode 'Tin Man'; found in season 3. The model used in the mission is representative of the lifeforms in 'Galaxy's Child' TNG season 4 episode 16. Is this a mistake or intentional.
I am guessing they are trying to tie it in with tinman of sort.
Been years since i watched it, but i seem to recall the ship said that it was many for a long time and over time they just got less and less and in the end he was alone.
So could have been a crossing of sort with many ships by accident and btw it makes sense that tinman comes from fluidic space as it is a "sea" creature.

So whatever they thought for me it makes sense they are from fluidic space, but that is just my 2 cents
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I agree, great mission.

However, since we do achieve first contact with an alien race, shouldn't it give a few diplo XP? Maybe 5 or so? That would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Agreed that it's a fantastic mission, but I also have to agree that this one definitely should provide diplomatic XP. So should a lot of missions that involve helping other species in my opinion. Even combat missions. Just because you have to shoot at something doesn't mean you aren't shooting at that thing to protect something else.

I'm sure diplo XP will be attached to more missions down the road, just sucks that I won't get credit for them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenaut
Agreed that it's a fantastic mission, but I also have to agree that this one definitely should provide diplomatic XP. So should a lot of missions that involve helping other species in my opinion. Even combat missions. Just because you have to shoot at something doesn't mean you aren't shooting at that thing to protect something else.

I'm sure diplo XP will be attached to more missions down the road, just sucks that I won't get credit for them.
Just did "Saturday's Child" again, and realized that it, like Fluid Dynamics, is fun, but should also give DXP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Glad you all liked it...horrible mission, just a horrible mission for me....Every time I try to go into 'fluid space' I get d/cd from the game because it can't transfer my character....