Lt. Commander
Anyone noticing that Space PvP has gotten much faster with Season 2?

To me it's starting to be like an old Arcade Game or a FPS. All we need to make this the case is a Headshot option (Target Bridge).
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-03-2010, 05:01 PM
It's hard not to make some crack about how the queues being what they are "fast paced" and PvP don't really go well together in Season 2.

So I'll just make that snide remark and move on to the point. What little PvP I've been able to do over the past few days (derp, another cheap shot!) has had it's share of uber fast explosions and painstakingly long lasting fights. I've always popped pretty easily myself, but I don't feel like it's anything anymore exaggerated since the patch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Space PvP was slowed down during the 1.2 changes. Premade matches went on forever (especially if Cruisers went against Cruisers).

If anything, the match lengths are closer to pre-1.2 changes - which is good. It was too long before.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Cruisers vs. cruisers can still go on forever and ever...... and ever...
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Cruisers vs. cruisers can still go on forever and ever...... and ever...
It's not as bad...
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-04-2010, 01:41 AM
It can be a pain, Ive had more than a few matched where it got to a point that I just gave up, and stopped fighting back just so the match could finally end..

I dont mind PVP.. but when it drags on... erk..

Get rid of RSP and then we will see some shorter much more fun matches
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-04-2010, 03:53 AM
The few matches (because of the queue issues) I was in were rather fast, but this was due to the spawn point bug (please tell me it is a bug and not intentional).
The usual FvK match (no premades) starts with the Klingons cloaking, flying over to the Federation's initial spawn point and waging the first attack. In a substantial amount of cases the Federation team will be destroyed and then because of the spawn issue the match turns into forced spawn camping.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Fights only go on forever if both cruisers are healer specced... for obvious reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
The few matches (because of the queue issues) I was in were rather fast, but this was due to the spawn point bug (please tell me it is a bug and not intentional).
The usual FvK match (no premades) starts with the Klingons cloaking, flying over to the Federation's initial spawn point and waging the first attack. In a substantial amount of cases the Federation team will be destroyed and then because of the spawn issue the match turns into forced spawn camping.
Yeah, you are right..

And the rare match where the Feds actually have a clue goes like this:

Players spawn in
Klingons cloak and flies to the opposite spawn

Now either of two things can happen

1: A Fed Sci manages to pull a Klingon out of cloak, leading to an halfa$$ed alpha from the remaining Klingons
2: Klingons do a Alphastrike on a "soft" target, which immediately gets healingsupport from a cruiser

Klingons fight and have support when PTd, Feds fight and have support when PTd - It goes back and forth.

In the end.. The best team wins.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-04-2010, 06:09 AM
I find the pvp matches are lasting longer due to player experience being at a better average sometimes.
Other times the matches are very short due to the opposite extreme.
As for it being as fast as a FPS - no, I don't agree.