Lt. Commander
# 31
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Rehes
[i]

You can find the online guide by being cool and clicking here!

You can find the print-formated guide by being awesome and clicking here!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share this. I've been looking for a one-stop guide to FDC.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Rehes
[...]Your science officer tells you something along the lines of results with on a person being more important than results with a lab, and in some of the info you're given it also says that one of the chemicals that turn positive in experimentation turned deadly when used on a person. [...]
Ah. I must've missed or glossed over that part of the text. That would potentially explain it, then.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Does anyone one know what the time frame is between First Contact missions? Forgive if this was asked already, but checking to be sure. I'm suspecting it's a daily quota, but since there's no formal timer on any of the DC missions, guessing is the only course so far.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleaic_Kerensky
Does anyone one know what the time frame is between First Contact missions? Forgive if this was asked already, but checking to be sure. I'm suspecting it's a daily quota, but since there's no formal timer on any of the DC missions, guessing is the only course so far.
From what I've seen with my testing it's 5 hours between first contact missions.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Great Guide, Thank You!
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Cernan System Patrol
We have arrived in the Cernan system, Captain.
We are getting readings about some ship wreckage on the surface of the planet. I suggest we should investigate.
We will need to approach the planet before we can send an away team to the surface of Cernan V.

This mission has NO combat involved, you approach a planet, beam to the surface with only 1 of your BO then you scan the wreckage on the planet.

This mission SHOULD (by the known guidelines) awards DXP, but it does not.
I've submitted a bug #939593
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleaic_Kerensky
In an effort to make life more fun, Ive seen reports ranging from 5hrs to 3 days. I think it may be based on play time, but am not sure.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-05-2010, 12:02 AM
I need some advice...

As VA1 I start with just one DXP. I'll need 159 additional points (the tooltip says 140, that's strange but not the problem) for Attaché.

There are 7 story missions which will add 70 points total. I won't get any explore missions until I'm Attaché... so Aid the planets don't seem to count atm. Does it mean I'll have to finish 9 first contact missions before the fun starts at all? Or are there other ways to boost DXP?
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
I need some advice...

As VA1 I start with just one DXP. I'll need 159 additional points (the tooltip says 140, that's strange but not the problem) for Attaché.

There are 7 story missions which will add 70 points total. I won't get any explore missions until I'm Attaché... so Aid the planets don't seem to count atm. Does it mean I'll have to finish 9 first contact missions before the fun starts at all? Or are there other ways to boost DXP?
You can't get FC missions until you are Envoy. There is a total of 80 DXP you can get from new missions. 70 DXP from storyline missions, and 10 DXP from getting Yoshi a Jumja stick.

After that, you need to grind the rest of your DXP from non-combat objective explore missions (more info on tha tin the guide). Then, at Attache, you start getting Diplomatic Investigation missions, which are basically single target Explore missions that have a 100% chance for DXP. You use normal explore missions and the DIs to grind out to Envoy. Then you use the rare First Contact mish, the DIs and the explore missions to get to max rank.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the info. Since space anomaly missions don't count and all ground collect data missions turned into npc combat (for me) lately this will be a stony road.

Edit: Aid the planet seems to work for me and I finally got a collect data ground mission yesterday. I got distracted by my accolades list which still shows 1/160 for Attaché but that's just another bug.