Lt. Commander
# 1 Welcome Back Weekend: Srsly?
08-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I realize I've been complaining pretty much nonstop since the last patch, something I'm not especially proud of and typically try not to do. I do still like this game a lot, which is probably why I've been so vocal about my frustrations since you released Season 2. Season 2 has a lot of promise, and I was excited about it, but with so much still broken I can't help but question the wisdom of inviting people back to have another go.

Wouldn't it make more sense to get some of these bugs and basic issues, like the borked PvP queue system, straight before you further alienate your current player base? Furthermore, wouldn't it be a bit better to deal with these things before you invite people you've already alienated back to be run off again?

I like what you are trying to do, and I sincerely hope you succeed! That being said, I find it hard to believe that with basic elements in their current state you are going to win over too many of those folks who already warped out of the system.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-04-2010, 03:48 PM
I have to agree with that.

I started playing this game July 8. I made RA5 in 12 or 13 days and said "What, that's it. There is nothing else beyond a few lame dailies"

Then season 2 hits and VA takes a few days of not playing all that much even with the slew of borked quests, borked anomalies and other bugs not to mention horrible lag.

Tried a Klingon, what a waste, nothing to do apart from nebula exploration and pvp, boring. Season 2 quests they add are borked right off.

I am totally unimpressed with the amount of content and QA in this game, I play other MMOs and the this has to have the worst QA on content and patches I have ever seen. And I have never hit maxx level on my first toon out of the gate anywhere near that fast.

Left feeling like I wasted my money on this one. At least I did not blow the cash for a lifetime. Unless the complete mess of Season 2 is fixed soon it is time to move on and find something else to play.

Welcome back weekend? More like how to show former players exactly why they quit and remind them to never come back again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-04-2010, 04:47 PM
what STO lacks in content it makes up in currencies
Lt. Commander
# 4 *Crosses fingers*
08-04-2010, 07:08 PM
August 5, 2010 Release Notes

I'm really, really looking forward to seeing this patch in action tomorrow! I needs mah pew pew...
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I realize I've been complaining pretty much nonstop since the last patch, something I'm not especially proud of and typically try not to do. I do still like this game a lot, which is probably why I've been so vocal about my frustrations since you released Season 2. Season 2 has a lot of promise, and I was excited about it, but with so much still broken I can't help but question the wisdom of inviting people back to have another go.

Wouldn't it make more sense to get some of these bugs and basic issues, like the borked PvP queue system, straight before you further alienate your current player base? Furthermore, wouldn't it be a bit better to deal with these things before you invite people you've already alienated back to be run off again?

I like what you are trying to do, and I sincerely hope you succeed! That being said, I find it hard to believe that with basic elements in their current state you are going to win over too many of those folks who already warped out of the system.
agree, fix pvp!
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Heh, anomalies are still broken.

So much for crafting...

Welcome back weekend? More like Welcome bugged weekend...
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-05-2010, 12:11 AM
I would agree that there should be some better incentive to lure back old players. Maybe a free 15 days, or c-store credits. Something that would require a smaller gain in profit in the short term, but would have a higher degree of profit in the long term for keeping people subscribing actively for longer.
Closed Thread