Lt. Commander
This is a feature I am sorry disappeared at some early point.

In a mission where no combat could be expected, you were only allocated 1 BOFF instead of 4.

It doesn't make much sense to take a whole away team when you only need 1 BOFF to talk to.

And it would also make it easier to isolate the Diplomacy missions (by virtue of seeing you only need one BOFF and eliminating the ones with combat).
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-04-2010, 01:06 PM
I would prefer it if we could choose how many officers to take with us on each mission. I think it'd be awesome to beam down to a planet with one or two other officers expecting a peaceful survey mission, only to be attacked and have to defend yourselves with reduced numbers. Of course, to add tension, we couldn't get any clues that this mission is going to be a combat one until it's too late to request reinforcements.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-05-2010, 12:40 AM
It would make the choice easier to even beam down if I knew if it was yet another "shoot-em-up" or a peaceful scanning mission. I could drop the mission before beaming down if I knew in the selection screen if just one or all four boff's would show up.