Lt. Commander
# 1 Feature Request: Running
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Currently we can walk, jog, and sprint. I'd like to request a running feature. Essentially it is the same as sprinting but perhaps double the time. I understand the perhaps of the short sprint time is to prevent players from running out of combat situations and getting very far away.

I propose an out of combat run. Either a completely separate action, or have the sprinting timer double or tripple (for when being used and the cooldown) only when out of combat. There are many instances (such as the exploration missions that have you scan 5 of "X") that there is no combat and we should be able to run longer just to get it done a little quicker.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-04-2010, 08:51 PM
YES YES AND MORE YES!

See we have all these missions that are nothing but running back and forth. I get so sick of holding down the shift key. Or just trying to do errands at port is a pain.

There needs to be a SUSTAINED run.. It could be just like ships. You can move at full impulse but when you go to Red Alert it doesnt work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-05-2010, 04:57 AM
/signed

I was thinking about this earlier while intermittently running through endless halls on a "scan the computers" mission. (I missed one and had to stagger all the way back to the beginning).

Vote 1 Out of Combat Run!