Lt. Commander
# 1 ZAM Interviews Dan Stahl
08-03-2010, 03:44 PM
The team at ZAM interviewed Executive Producer Dan Stahl about his new role, exploration and more. Give it a read here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-03-2010, 04:06 PM
brilliant interview, some really really interesting points came up and i was happy with most of the answers: also- please post a vid of you, your guitar and "the ultimate klingon", please?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-03-2010, 04:16 PM
mention pvp, this is a multiplayer game, pvp is completely unmentioned in the article. FOR SHAME
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-03-2010, 04:48 PM
YOu need to send those "Ultimate Klingon" lyrics to the female fan who also did the redition of Phaser Face back in the STO beta days. (Also, what was the underlying musical tune? Or was that an original composition as well?)
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Yes we all want to see you play the ultimate klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-03-2010, 05:34 PM
We need video of the utlimate klingon song.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Why. Are there not. NPC klingons. Singing that. In Bars.
Quote:
The team is committed to addressing this. We really want to see exploration be about going into deep space and seeing how far you can get from home before the crew gets homesick. You can look for us to start delivering a new vision for exploration in Season 3.
Please yes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-04-2010, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Stahl: When we all envisioned exploration, the common visual was that you'd be able to point your ship in a direction and keep on going to see what's out there. While we had this vision as well, we failed to deliver on it at launch. What you ended up with is a small box where you fly around and go through random doors.

The team is committed to addressing this. We really want to see exploration be about going into deep space and seeing how far you can get from home before the crew gets homesick. You can look for us to start delivering a new vision for exploration in Season 3.
OMG!!! You really don't know how much I wanted to become a forum troll and blast the devs constantly for the fish tank mechanic and anomaly doors in Star Clusters. Do you realize how much it took for me to try to be nice about this?!

Hehe... DStahl I loved you before but now I think you have a new fanboi!!!

I'm hoping for a mechanic where we can have our science officers scan the star cluster and report on which systems look interesting to visit. Then we can set a course and go there. ALL from the Bridge or Astrometrics!! I have no idea what you're planning for S3 but that's my dream anyway.

A BIG THANK YOU for fixing exploration!
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-05-2010, 07:33 AM
I LOVE what he said about Cryptic's original vision for exploration and how they would still like to try for that, because this was exactly how I was hoping exploration would be from the first moment I heard about an online Trek game.