Lt. Commander
# 1 Wrath Of Khan Uniform Rank
08-05-2010, 07:06 AM
I know this has been asked before numerous times but there has been no response from the dev's. I know this isn't a priority given how many problems were caused by Season 2. Are we ever going to be able to have a full set of rank insignia's to choose from for the Wrath Of Khan uniforms, instead of each uniform always being stuck with a captain rank insignia. This doesn't have to fixed right away, but at least let us know if this will be worked on sometime in the future.

On a similar note, now that we can get an Admiral's Coat at Vice Admiral 1, can we get Admiral Uniform Variants for the The Next Generation, Deep Spae Nine, & Voyager Uniforms?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dslice
I know this has been asked before numerous times but there has been no response from the dev's. I know this isn't a priority given how many problems were caused by Season 2. Are we ever going to be able to have a full set of rank insignia's to choose from for the Wrath Of Khan uniforms, instead of each uniform always being stuck with a captain rank insignia. This doesn't have to fixed right away, but at least let us know if this will be worked on sometime in the future.
I really wanted the WoK uniform for my crew. Was going to make it Blue instead of red (science vessel), leaving everything else pretty much the same. But the "captain only" issue changed my mind... I hope they fix this... At least it was a free unlock...

Quote:
On a similar note, now that we can get an Admiral's Coat at Vice Admiral 1, can we get Admiral Uniform Variants for the The Next Generation, Deep Spae Nine, & Voyager Uniforms?
Coming soon to a C-Store near you... you can bet on it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Yeah the down side is that correct TWoK era ranks are so fiddly and all. Heck I could live with them changing it to use the rank bar/pips that are currently in use in the fleet :1
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
Yeah the down side is that correct TWoK era ranks are so fiddly and all. Heck I could live with them changing it to use the rank bar/pips that are currently in use in the fleet :1
Bars would be best, as they would span more of the width of the rank strip. They could stack vertical. Solid bars on top. These would probably be easier to design, and would make the WoK uniform fit better with 25th century style.

I always felt that this uniform was the best out of all Trek. It actually looked like a true uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
Bars would be best, as they would span more of the width of the rank strip. They could stack vertical. Solid bars on top. These would probably be easier to design, and would make the WoK uniform fit better with 25th century style.

I always felt that this uniform was the best out of all Trek. It actually looked like a true uniform.
Agreed I always had a soft spot for that outfit. I can also hope that we get some of the other options that came with it like the field jacket and the undervest later on as well. From the looks of it right now we are going to be getting a variant open neck of the standard uniform and maybe the AGT uniform when the next additions are done though, judging from the poll, so I figure on xmas time for that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
Agreed I always had a soft spot for that outfit. I can also hope that we get some of the other options that came with it like the field jacket and the undervest later on as well. From the looks of it right now we are going to be getting a variant open neck of the standard uniform and maybe the AGT uniform when the next additions are done though, judging from the poll, so I figure on xmas time for that.
The AGT uniform is my second favorite, as it is sort of a nod to the WoK uniform.

What I am hiping is that the black shoulder outline, the shoulder region and the rest of the uniform are different color regions. If so, then you could have an AGT style uniform with the color patterns of the TNG or DS9 uniform. Or all black with that outline being the division color...

I'd like to combine the AGT top with the WoK uniform pants. That would look pretty cool, I think...
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-05-2010, 08:42 AM
/Signed +1. Please and thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-05-2010, 08:43 AM
I doubt they will ever put all of TWOK ranks into the game, but what annoys me is that the uniform was marketed as the Admirals when in reality it is the captains. I have scoured this forum and as of yet Cryptic has never responded to anybodies request about this. I understand there are more pressing matters in the game that need addressed, but an answer would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Wrath of Kahn Uniform
08-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I would like to see the proper rank pins for the shoulder and the sleeve for the Wrath of Kahn style uniform. Along with an Admiral version with the gold trim and sleeve stripe.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-05-2010, 11:08 AM
I hate to say it, but it's yet another example of something that they released only partly finished. This game is just one incomplete element after another.