Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Jack looked tired in that photo. I think he needs a sedative and some sleep.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Well here hoping Atari doesn't interfeere too much with the day to day stuff at Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I really hope this is good news. Some feeling of dread creeps in a bit as we heard about acquisitions at Perpetual before they went under. I am sure all is well and really hope so.

As for the release date, 2010 seems more realistic in order to get a well thought out and plotted game. Hopefully we will still see a late 2009 release. Considering this would coincide to the 30th anniversary of "Star Trek The Motion Picture" and the new Star Trek movie, it would be a good year to release it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Again, this interview has me feeling very positive for the game's future, and anything negative that I may have thought about the acquisition has completely gone away now that I've read Jack Emmert's comments. Thank you for posting this!
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus_Penguin View Post
I really hope this is good news. Some feeling of dread creeps in a bit as we heard about acquisitions at Perpetual before they went under. I am sure all is well and really hope so.

As for the release date, 2010 seems more realistic in order to get a well thought out and plotted game. Hopefully we will still see a late 2009 release. Considering this would coincide to the 30th anniversary of "Star Trek The Motion Picture" and the new Star Trek movie, it would be a good year to release it.

I agree, I got a little nervous when I read about the buyout, but in the end they made the right move. They went with a company that could provide them with deep pockets and allow them to focus on making great games and not have to worry about the rest.

2010 does seem far, but if it means they're going to roll out a top notch game I can wait...it beats the alternative, all out cancellation. I also hope they can bring it out end of '09 at the same time as ST:TMP 30th Anniv. and ST:Reboot that would be cool

All we can do is hope for more screenshots, trailers and of course the Beta to come out
Lt. Commander
I think we should all breathe a collective sigh of relief. Collective. Yes. Resistance is futile.
Lt. Commander
# 17 hmmm
12-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Having worked for a game company that was bought out by Atari(Infogrames) I'm kinda worried. I've heard it all before, then the games were shelved and studio was shut down. and it was a profitable studio.
I hope it doesn't happen again, I really want to see this game be made.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-10-2008, 10:22 PM
i'm curious what other IP's jack is referring to?
maybe that will lead to a "subscribe to an atari-account and try all the games you want" situation *winkwink*
Lt. Commander
# 19 good news
12-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I think that the news of atari getting cryptic is good it will give them greater resources to get our game out. Cant wait to hear more about the game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-11-2008, 04:48 AM
From the information I am seeing they are looking for at least a Q3 2009 at the earliest to a Q1 2010 release at the latest. That is what I am getting. Don't quote me on it but that is a reasonable time to wait for STO. I am optimistic.