Lt. Commander
# 41
08-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
i like the new times. i read the engineer report of the fixes coming. even though there are alot sounds like you fixing b tran. that is major. the pvp sounds like you trying to fix but are having a tough time and doing what you can. kudos to you storm and dstahl on the communicating this to us.

know my concern is if these fixes dont work, are you going to cancel the welcomeback weekend season 2?
On tribble we were able to join other people on B'tran, so i think this downtime will fix that for live. If it does, good job team!
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franco2007
In the past week I spent more time offline than in the game due to patch fixes and installation (huge 936MB file ...even with a broadband connection that takes a good hour or so).
Thanks
Surely... if a new patch is out and hundreds or thousands of people are downloading it simultaneously, the server are near their capacity.
But... the patch file isn't 936 MB. Watch the numbers "downloaded", not the patched ones. You download less data than you patch. They have compressed the files you download.
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Silverwings View Post
Well now it crashes as soon as STO tries to load.

Well done Cryptic, you're actually making things 'worse'. Don't think I'll be able to fix this one on my own like last time though.
I also cash logging in now since the patch. I get the Cryptic then Atari splash screens, but do not make it to the character screen. It crashes to the "Oops, Sorry" pop-up box every time I log in now. I verify all the files (and have tried deleting the HOGG files and re-downloading them) and try to log in again, but keep crashing each time.

Strangely, I am able to log into Tribble fine, just not Holodeck. There was a large patch to Tribble at the same time, so I am assuming they unscrewed whatever it was they screwed somewhere in the Tribble patch. However, until they fix it on the live server, I (as well as others that have been posting in the support forum) can not play.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Mhm ... the second patch that should gix the btran failure that i cant explore with friends.

When is coming the 3rd? LoL the guys that play in the Welc. Back Weekend will be happy with the bugged content xD
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupdog85 View Post
It's great to see patches happening regularly, keep up the good work guys, but it would be nice for the time to be changed more often. The patches always occur around 2AM-3AM PST which means it's 7PM-8PM here in Australia when most people are home from work for the day and would like to play.
I brought this up about a month ago when there was a series of patches being applied most nights and I couldn't log on.

For my trouble I got howled down by a bunch of people pretty much telling me "tough luck", and that Cryptic were just catering to their more important and larger customer base. It definately goes to show that the people who aren't being affected by these outages during their gaming prime time don't care about anyone else.

I agree these patches are necessary but the times in which they are applied should be varied in order to be fair to everyone playing the game. It's disappointing when, after a hard days yakka, you come home and go to log onto the game and you keep getting the "Server down for maintenance" message. I didn't play the game for about a month because I was sick and tired of getting this message all the time.

If Cryptic are serious about maintaining there relationship with Australian (and other areas in the same time zone) players, they really do need to address this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupdog85 View Post
Still it would be greatly appreciated if Cryptic would remember they have PAYING customers in Australiia as well. And it's not just us Aussie's that get affected. NZ, East China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, etc.. are also in or around our time zones. I'm not saying it should be all the time they rotate the times, just every now and again to reward and thank us for the patience we show every time the server goes down for maintenance/patching during our prime play time. What makes it worse is when the patch is over 900MB, that eats well into play time as well.
Sorry your playtime is most often impacted by the 2 to 3 hour maintenance schedule, play Everquest they have a more robust maintenance time: 6, 8, 14 hours and more - 3 hours maintenance time pfft, easy.

I do feel for your issue, but...