Lt. Commander
# 11
08-03-2010, 07:48 PM
I know you guys won't want to hear this, but it's something you can look forward to...

There ARE a couple of combat mission where you can get DXP. If it's a species specifically asking for your help, you begin your investigation, and then in the process get attacked, you will still get your DXP points.

This has happened to me a few times in the last 2 days. In fact, I can think of 4 or 5 right off the top today alone that I got DXP for a combat mission. Simply because someone asked me for help scanning, (derelict ships, or an abandoned base) and I got my points even though I had to fight.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm 200 points off of Envoy - I'm quite happy that it's taken me a number of hours to get this far, makes it a worthwhile challenge.

My only irritation is that even at Consul I've yet to get a First Contact mission from the Ambassador, and 3 Diplomacy missions in a row eneded in combat, which was annoying. Also, more then 1 per cluster would be nice.. I don't mind going in and finding the missions, and certainly if I was leveling my character I would be doing it for XP gain as well, but as I'm VA with 20k of Bridge officer points already stored, I'm only doing the missions for the DXP - and of course the fun of leveling my character.

I also agree that the actual missions (Starbase 39, Vulcan, Bajor and Memory Alpha) should grant more then 10 DXP as even though they aren't massively complicated, they do require a little bit of thought. Scanning 5 things on a planet can get a bit.. hmm.. boring. 200DXP to go.. 20 more scanning mission left! It did make me laugh because when I first started in the game, I used to get annoyed at the frequency of the "Aid the Planet" missions, now I'm wishing for them!!

Good work by the devs so far, loved the new missions, more please!
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-04-2010, 09:12 AM
I want an Option in Menü to select which type of Missions i get in B' Trans Cluster.

Ground Fight
Space Fight
Not Fighting Ground
Not Fighting Space
Diplomatic
All Mission

And for all Players that were already RA LH 5 or VA at the Moment the made the Diplomatic Missions,
give them some Diplomatic Points the other Players already get by Leveling from Start --> RA5 -->VA.

Or give us more Mission or Missions were we can get more then 10 Diplo. Points, maybe 50 or 100.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipstar

My only irritation is that even at Consul I've yet to get a First Contact mission from the Ambassador
You won't get a First Contact mission until Envoy...and even then I was getting 1 FC mission every 24 hours. So even after completing my Diplomacy grind...I have only gotten 3 FC missions. It's kinda silly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huud007 View Post
You won't get a First Contact mission until Envoy...and even then I was getting 1 FC mission every 24 hours. So even after completing my Diplomacy grind...I have only gotten 3 FC missions. It's kinda silly.
Ahh okay thanks I didn't realise that.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-05-2010, 10:40 AM
I think the run and scans should be turned back to non-combat. If you want to have combat thrown in do it at advanced or elite level. Leave the normal level alone so we can actually get some dxp.

I enjoy the idea of having to grind out missions again to level my character all over for the diplomacy corps but the mission generator actually keeps you from leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAKEN73501 View Post
I think the run and scans should be turned back to non-combat. If you want to have combat thrown in do it at advanced or elite level. Leave the normal level alone so we can actually get some dxp.

I enjoy the idea of having to grind out missions again to level my character all over for the diplomacy corps but the mission generator actually keeps you from leveling.
The addition of possible combat was a welecomed addition when the devs put it in. It should be kept in as it provides variety to those players doing exploration missions just for the sake of doing exploration missions.

That being said...there definately needs to be a way to make sure Jiro is not handing out these missions to folks who are doing diplomatic investigations for the sake of doing diplomatic investigations
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-06-2010, 08:40 PM
They already did that in the last patch if you read the release notes.
My stance is we have far too few mission that give dxp for them to get messed up by having combat units generated in them. If you want combat so much go do space contacts for your accolade. Let the people that enjoy a break from combat to have a clean mission and actualy have a chance to level up in diplomacy.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAKEN73501 View Post
THIS BITES!!!
I unlocked consul level in the diplomacy corp and was told to go to the kazon nebula. I go their and open the mission and its a run and scan. Problem, the mission generator threw in some enemy squads that nixed my ability to get diplomacy points.
HOW DO YOU GET A DIPLOMACY MISSION FROM THE AMBASSADOR AND NOT GET DXP FOR IT???
Disregard my post here, it seems I was confused by the "Investigate Ships Fate" mission, which gives you DXP regardless of weather there are MOBs to fight or not.

Perhaps they can separate the missions so that when you're exploring you only get combat missions (ground or space), but when when you go through the diplomacy corp thats when the non-combat, DXP related quests appear? I mean...kinda only makes sense to me that this is the way it would be in the first place, but apparently not...