Lt. Commander
# 191
08-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Blackavaar, firstly some kudos - cheers for this spent weeks messing with uniforms and rerolling because I didn't like it when the game first came out. This gives me that peace of mind and I love using it.

Now, I've been having a think about the 25th century uniforms. With my latest character, I've decided to try and keep things as close to the in-game "feel" that Cryptic has designed, away from the older canon stuff.

Now I've got a theory about this that helps me feel more comfortable with my ship crew having a different uniform than my bridge crew.

Most of the officer NPCs you come across have different uniforms, but it seems to me, the standard officer uniform of the 25th century is the default one you start with in the character designer - Starfleet B-01. So this is what my Bridge Crew have (with correct divisional colours, not career colours though).

Now 99% of the NPCs walking around without rank insignia have the Starfleet A-01 uniform, so to me, I consider this to be the games enlisted crew uniform, not the officer uniform. They have a similar enough feel for me to go together. And this way my ship interior doesn't feel so odd.

So that's how I roleplay it, or justify it, or whatever you want to call it, in my mind.
Lt. Commander
# 192
08-07-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I do not. I haven't achieved that Accolade/Title as of yet.

Unfortunately from what i can see so far it'll be quite impossible to do a canon coloured dress uniform for anyone other than engineers. The option that changes the colour of the neck and cuffs for department colours also changes the colour of the shoulder lining which should always be gold.
Lt. Commander
# 193
08-07-2010, 05:43 AM
Blackaavar mate your bandwidth seems to be exceeded... it's a bit of a disaster!

Love your guides mate, hope you get them back up soon!
Lt. Commander
# 194
08-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Thanks for the info. Next time I'm in Sol I'll have to take a look at Jiro. I'm about 60 FDX from being Envoy... I hope by end of this coming weekend I'll be Ambassador and get that new uni. Do you get an added slot for the Ambassador or am I going to have to buy the extra slots?
Nope, you sure don't, unfortunately. (At least not that I noticed, I had to pick up another couple of slots to accomodate utilizing the Ambassador outfit.)
Lt. Commander
# 195
08-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsky View Post
Blackaavar mate your bandwidth seems to be exceeded... it's a bit of a disaster!

I've noticed the issue and am working to fix it now. The guide will be back up as soon as I can get a valid credit card to use for payment, which shouldn't be any later than 4pm PDT today.

Sorry for the interruption.

Lt. Commander
# 196
08-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Unfortunately from what i can see so far it'll be quite impossible to do a canon coloured dress uniform for anyone other than engineers. The option that changes the colour of the neck and cuffs for department colours also changes the colour of the shoulder lining which should always be gold.
That's not good. Hopefully they will fix that so that it is a set color which cannot be changed. Until then, I guess we'll have to make due.

Lt. Commander
# 197
08-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
That's not good. Hopefully they will fix that so that it is a set color which cannot be changed. Until then, I guess we'll have to make due.

yeah, I would like to see them unlock the rest of the uniform to coloring, especially given the varied versions of the uniform that are out there.

http://www.ussgalaxy.net/database/uniforms/uniforms.htm
Lt. Commander
# 198
08-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsky View Post

I've noticed the issue and am working to fix it now. The guide will be back up as soon as I can get a valid credit card to use for payment, which shouldn't be any later than 4pm PDT today.

Sorry for the interruption.

Okay, I've upgraded to Pro on Photo Bucket. We should be good to go for the next year at the least.

Again sorry for the interruption, everyone. Please continue to enjoy the guide.

Lt. Commander
# 199
08-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
yeah, I would like to see them unlock the rest of the uniform to coloring, especially given the varied versions of the uniform that are out there.

http://www.ussgalaxy.net/database/uniforms/uniforms.htm
I completely agree.

Lt. Commander
# 200
08-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Okay, I've upgraded to Pro on Photo Bucket. We should be good to go for the next year at the least.

Again sorry for the interruption, everyone. Please continue to enjoy the guide.

You, sir, go above and beyond. You're AWESOME!

Sticky this thread immediately, mods.