Lt. Commander
# 41
08-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Ah, Ramming.

The term Ram now brings up a memory of a PVP match in Cracked Planetoid (F vs K)

I had just limped away from one of the scuttles, I had around 15-20% hull.

I was probably about 18 KM away by that point and none of the Neghvar's or the Carrier could turn around to give chase, I was home free!
But then, a Bird Of prey de-cloaked at bearing 168 mark 42! (yeah, that sounds about right )
I slammed full reverse, he was beginning to mess up my shields pretty badly and I knew once he got through those, I was finished!
I caught him in a Tractor Beam as he passed me, but this BOP had beams on the back, so it was still pretty painful.

At this point, my shields were turning yellow, three other Klingons at the least were coming up behind me and my evasive had just been popped maybe 15 seconds ago.
I prepared for RAMMING SPEED!
About 6 KM away from the Klingon now, I began a Ramming strafe, but... the Klingon's Omega must have just recharged and due to me being quite a pesky little ship (already having escaped once) he initiated HIS ramming speed.

We plowed into each other with both of our ramming speeds and both killed each other instantly, many LOL'S were seen over zone . Funniest thing I've probably ever seen PVP-wise.

As much as I liked ramming, as it did make many funny incidents, it is better this way.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-02-2010, 07:31 PM
let it be known one can still ram at full hull health if they activate ram then heal, one just can not initiate it as the opening move (my favorite)
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-04-2010, 08:46 AM
I really miss ramming speed, too. Now I am barely able to utilize it to run away when my hull goes critical.

But, nevertheless, I feel that the way in which it was implemented was too strong. Being able to open combat with a kinetic move, that ignores shields completely like that, is just absurd.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Remove Ramming Speed and Abandon Ship - Replace with new powers.

I personnally do not use ramming speed or abandon ship at all and it has been that way since OB. Completely pointless abilities.
Now this ideal I like.

I used Ramming Speed to escape or catch up with a some one running away. I would like back the way it was or replaced.

I never used Abandon Ship so a new power here would be great.

There should be a poll.
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
Ah, Ramming.

The term Ram now brings up a memory of a PVP match in Cracked Planetoid (F vs K)

I was probably about 18 KM away by that point and none of the Neghvar's or the Carrier could turn around to give chase, I was home free!
But then, a Bird Of prey de-cloaked at bearing 168 mark 42! (yeah, that sounds about right )
I slammed full reverse, he was beginning to mess up my shields pretty badly and I knew once he got through those, I was finished!
I caught him in a Tractor Beam as he passed me, but this BOP had beams on the back, so it was still pretty painful.

At this point, my shields were turning yellow, three other Klingons at the least were coming up behind me and my evasive had just been popped maybe 15 seconds ago.
About 6 KM away from the Klingon now, I began a Ramming strafe, but... the Klingon's Omega must have just recharged and due to me being quite a pesky little ship (already having escaped once) he initiated HIS ramming speed.

We plowed into each other with both of our ramming speeds and both killed each other instantly, many LOL'S were seen over zone . Funniest thing I've probably ever seen PVP-wise.

As much as I liked ramming, as it did make many funny incidents, it is better this way.
Lol. I am crying. Lol.
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Personally i wish they made it the other way around.

"Can only use Ramming speed if your TARGET has 50% hull or less"

This change is just to appease all the RSP *****s in their brand shiny new Gal-X's whining loudly cos they get fried.
Not a bad ideal.
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
Ah, Ramming.

I had a simliar experience where I tried to ram as a last resort some Cruiser I was working on , missed - died - popped and my warp core explosion got the guy before he could escape.
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-07-2010, 07:33 AM
i dont have it on my power tray anymore , shame i used to enjoy ramming bops that where dumb enough to get to close to my bow .
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
Not a bad ideal.
Go play an ancient Greek naval warfare game then. The changes were excellent.