Lt. Commander
# 61
08-07-2010, 10:55 AM
seems to me you people deserve a broken game. they try to fix you wine, they dont fix you wine, there no pleasing you. if i was cryptic i would make members take a retart test in order to post on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 62
08-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
seems to me you people deserve a broken game. they try to fix you wine, they dont fix you wine, there no pleasing you. if i was cryptic i would make members take a retart test in order to post on the forums.
"What do you mean, "you people" ?"

Coming from an on-again/off-again player, I came back for this free weekend, and have enjoyed myself (for the most part). The game is not without it's faults, some of which have not yet been fixed despite being active for 6 months. I've listed some of the good and bad things about the game which i've noticed over the weekend. Mind you, last I played this game was back around the Season 1 "Free Weekend" so the list below will most likely contain alot of stuff which active subscribers have had for a while.

Plusses:
+++ Automatic opening doors in "bridge" interiors (may it be extended to other interiors as well?)
+++ Refit Tier 4 ships (thou ALL ships should be able to be refit to max Tier imho)
+++ Mini-games (scanning is a fun extra, and Dabo is always good for some spare time)
+++ Fleet logo customization (as well as alot more fleet options)
+++ Undine Episodes, sectors and "systems" were all really well done and enjoyable
+++ Canon Ship Tweaks (Yayy for no more Blue impulse engines on Intrepid)

Minuses:
--- Supersized player interiors
--- No first person camera in ground combat
--- Lack of Klingon PVE content (8 episodes throughout a ~40 level span is just TOO LITTLE)
--- "Skill cap" (all skills would be nice if they can be trained, given enough gametime)
--- Boring "diplomacy" missions a la World of ******** (go here, do this, come back)
--- "Limited" movement in space combat. Space is 3D-dimensional. Please make it act like it's 3D.
--- Too much content only available on C-Store with no INGAME method of acquring the content

Minuses that are just bugs and causes problems for my leveling experience:
  • Exploration missions in Team bugged (Party members can't enter "same" random system)
  • Ground combat still glitchy (npcs and players stuttering, expose/exploit not reliable, can't "break free" from holds)
  • PVP Queues bugged to hell (takes too long to enter a game among others)
  • "Tutorials" in Earth spacedock still pops up near the shipyard

Space Combat is by far the best part about the game since day 1, but I still think there is room for improvement. I know there have been lengthy discussions regarding the WHY devs don't want to open up full 3D movement, but there are ways to make 3D work fully, and still maintain the "tall ship" mentality, such as making ships "auto-roll" back to their "proper" orientation if they are "upside down" for too long.

The "Automatic Door" tech that got added is a really nice feature for the player interiors. Would love for it to be extended elsewhere in the game, such as Earth Spacedock, enter "turbolift" to Admiral Quinn's office, or the door leading into the "Ship Acquisition Lounge".

The best content in the game, are the episode-type missions (VASTE amount of Star Trek lore in those). My only regret, is that there are TOO FEW episodes in the game. Would love atleast 1-2 episodes per "level" of the game for each faction, but I suppose that might be a bit too much to ask for.

I might resubscribe the game somewhere down the line, but at current there are just too many detractors that doesn't feel right. As a longtime fan of Star Trek, it's upsetting that many of the canon details in the game is inaccurate (such as supersized interiors, or incorrectly modelled ships). The games main drawback at current, feels like a lack of content in many areas of the game. Among others, the episodic content as mentioned above. I've enjoyed each and every single one of the episodes from level 1 to my current rank of Rear Admiral Upper Half 8 (cumbersome way of saying level 48?)
Lt. Commander
# 63
08-07-2010, 09:55 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by td5160 View Post
Sorry, this is an american based server.
Then make one for Australians and Europeans. I'm an American too, but yes it would definitely suck having the downtime during your primetime.
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
On the contrary. I've played other MMO's I'm satisfied with. This is NOT one of them. So, it's not I can't be pleased and nothing is ever good enough for me, but the game is not pleasing. It's not just my personal preference, like whether or not I like vanilla ice cream or not, but technical problems.
Lt. Commander
# 65
08-07-2010, 10:09 PM
What is this topic still doing unlocked...

With that said, in before lock