Lt. Commander
Since my return to the game and especially during cluster exploration missions, I've encountered quite a few mobs that can potentially decimate my party. Mobs such as Klingon Swordmasters, Klingon Dehar Masters, several of the higher tiered borg, etc. can destroy an entire ground crew without much in the way of countering these overpowered mobs and can therefore make a solo mission pretty much impossible to finish.

Please fix.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2010, 07:26 AM
swordmasters are overpowered for new players and are commen in early missions i gotta agree , i havent met any in b'tran though . reason i say this is that the new player hasent had a chance to learn the game yet before they meet such a power mob ,
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm at VA1 and this is where I encounter the largest concentration of Overpowered mobs. Melee centric mobs such as Swordmasters are capable of taking down any member of my crew in just a few strikes. Other mobs such as certain Borgs, spam holds and often can take down myself or a crew member without even getting the chance to move and defend myself.

I'm all for tactical gameplay but these obviously broken mobs eally kill any fun in the late-game ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Yeah, and your admiral level weapons/armor are practically useless, you might as well be naked.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-08-2010, 01:15 AM
I've run into this as well. Ground Combat needs a major overhaul. Too bad Chip Foose only overhauls cars!
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-08-2010, 08:04 AM
On top of the overpowered mobs, as I attack, if i happen to kill off one or two, after they wipe my party out, they respawn. Nothing more frustrating than sacrificing my party to kill off a Jem Hadar Elder and come back to find him standing back with his group. What a nightmare. Mission is uncompleteable. Mind you I am playing on Elite level, but I can't complete this mission.

On a side note, Orbital Strike sucks big ole monkey b@lls. You telling me that my Shipborne Phaser array can blast a ship apart, yet can't kill one Jem Hadar soldier?
Lt. Commander
# 7 What I would like to see.
08-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I have also notice this issue, Especially with the Borg. Not only do they chain hold, Chain clobber, and Chain summon additional Borg, they have way to many powers and it is very easy to get over whelmed at once. My fastest death time on my RA5 was with the New content was 1 min in to the first encounter. There was so many Borg that All you could see was Borg, I could not see my BO's at all and I could not move at all. As a side note I have also notice this issue, Especially with the Borg. Not only do they chain hold, Chain clobber, and Chain summon additional Borg, they have way to many powers and it is very easy to get over whelmed at once. My fastest death time on my RA5 was with the New content was 1 min in to the first encounter. There was so many Borg that All you could see was Borg, I could not see my BO's at all and I could not move at all.

I have stopped playing since patch two has come out. I feel that they pushed it out way to soon, and that they have not put enough play testing hours in to finding bugs, I feel like I am playing in the open beta version of the game again. I have not even been able to finish the first Klingon mission yet and I have tried 3 separate times I keep getting different bugs that prevent me from completing it.

I think that it is great that they keep adding game content to the game but I feel that they need to make sure that the game mechanics are working properly first before adding any more new game content, and right now they are not. They are adding content and changing game mechanics so fast that they are not able to fix the old issues and are creating new problems.

Now that we have some additional content, I would like to see them focus on fixing bugs and game stability, and more balanced encounters. Before adding more game content in to the game. Even if I have to wait a full year to play the Romulans I would like to see them added properly not like the way the Klingons were done.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I have also encountered this rather odd imbalance in melee mobs. Even setting up mines and deployables ahead of time, trying to ensure that my away team isn't too close, so as to avoid grenade damage overlap, I seen these things hitting for sometimes over 200 damage! I went through City on the Edge of Never once with my main who is now admiral and while I found it a bit challenging it was eminently doable. Recently did that mission with an alt and was receiving well over 150 damage per hit from the swordsman. After 6 to 8 seconds of fighting my entire party was wiped out. Every damn time. At least it wasn't a boring fight. Too bad it wasn't winnable either.

Stuns and holds only delayed the inevitable. The Commander rank gear I was using may as well have been beginner standard issue for all the good it did. An unfortunate development. I do hope they fix things somehow. I've really enjoyed the game so far but these roadblocks in missions have killed a bit of the fun for me.