Lt. Commander
# 1 Transwarp Powers need Fixing.
08-07-2010, 12:17 AM
== 08/31/10 - It appears as though they fixed the Transwarp Cooldown so that they continue to count down while docked/on the ground. Thank you Cryptic! ==

The Transwarp to Earth Spacedock Captain Power Shares a 30 minute cool down with the Diplomatic Power Transwarp to Starbase K7 (and I'll bet with the other Diplo TWs I don't have yet). That 30 minutes only ticks down while you're in your ship. If you TW in and dock, you could spend hours on the ground, beam back to your ship, and still have 29m remaining on all your TWs. That seems gimped to me.

I'd like to see any one or more of the following improvements:

Allow the power's CD to recharge while docked/on the ground. The ship is in idle, it's warp coils should still be recharging.

Lower the shared Cooldown.

Keep the primary CD to 30m, but lower the shared system CD to less than that (10-20m).

Also, I'd like to request a TWarp Power to each Memory Alpha and the Omega Battle Group.

Updates: In post #7 I confirmed all three of the Diplo TW powers share the mutual CD, and now I can confirm (in post #40) that the Excelsior's nine TWs share CDs with all the rest.

That's thirteen powers that all share an unfortunately long, thirty-minute, CD. This is definitely gimped.

In that post I also comment on/request a fix for the nine new TWs sharing the same icon (they need to be different somehow.

Lastly, to confirm, I agree with people on the "story" element, that our ships have only one TW engine, so a shared CD is expected. That makes sense. But Cryptic needs to either A) Fix the Away-From-Ship doesn't Recharge the CD bug, and/or B) Reduce the CD from 30m to 5-15m. What's the point of having a TW Drive if I can fly across the galaxy and back before it finishes recharging just because I stopped for some donuts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2010, 12:10 PM
It's probably another cheap way to keep us stuck in sector space. They could fix it, but I think they choose not to. They're all about ****ing us off to no end in this regard.

The timer should tick down everywhere, even logged off. The various transwarp skills should not share a CD. This crap needs fix.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb2008 View Post
...The timer should tick down everywhere, even logged off. The various transwarp skills should not share a CD. This crap needs fix.
So very true.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I'd just like them all to be on separate cooldowns. It'd make them much more rewarding to have in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2010, 12:15 AM
I agree with having separate cool downs please devs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-09-2010, 05:29 AM
MK II Transwarp drive

Coming Soon to the C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2010, 06:48 AM
I made Ambassador last night (actually oh my God early this morning). I had 2mins left on my Transwarp cool downs when I got my new TW: DS9. And >poof< it had a CD matching all the others. It hadn't been installed when the others were used, how could it be on CD.

More than the shared CD, or even the fact that it's a LONG (30min) CD, I think what bothers me the most is that the power DOES NOT RECHARGE WHILE OFF SHIP!!!

At one point I TW'd to SOL, docked, and spent over an hour on base (various "bookkeeping" tasks: Exchange, bank upkeep, mail, visted the tailor, etc.). I beam back to my ship and I've stll got 29m remaining on all my TW CDs. I mean WTF?!? That really has to be a bug. Next time I'm in game, I'm reporting that. I invite you to do the same!

Speaking of bugs, and this I really shouldn't point out, but since we're talking about TW needing fixin'... There have been 3-4 times while playing that my multiple TWs CD got out of sync by 6-8mins. I haven't been able to figure out a pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
MK II Transwarp drive

Coming Soon to the C-Store
Yeah, it's called the Excelsior. Heh. I'm curious how that ship's TW will work versus/in relation to the Captain and FDC powers. I suppose it will be similar to how Beam Target Subsystems works between Sci ships and BOs.

I also expect the Excelsior to have TW to Memory Alpha and the Omega Battle Group.

Edit: See post #40 regarding the Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-09-2010, 07:25 AM
All the space powers' cooldown time are stopped when you leave your ship, not just the Transwarps, so it's not a bug.

Also, if you want to Transwarp to Memory Alpha, do it to Starbase 39 instead, it's just next to it. Same for Gamma Orionis Gate, just fly to K7!

I also noticed the discrepency between the several Transwarp powers cooldown time (mainly between the Sol power and all the others). I haven't found a pattern to it either.

I find that with slipstream, Diplomatic Immunity, 5 transwarp destinations and a good engine, I don't really need more to speed me up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****tor View Post
All the space powers' cooldown time are stopped when you leave your ship, not just the Transwarps, so it's not a bug.

Also, if you want to Transwarp to Memory Alpha, do it to Starbase 39 instead, it's just next to it. Same for Gamma Orionis Gate, just fly to K7!

I also noticed the discrepency between the several Transwarp powers cooldown time (mainly between the Sol power and all the others). I haven't found a pattern to it either.

I find that with slipstream, Diplomatic Immunity, 5 transwarp destinations and a good engine, I don't really need more to speed me up.
Other Space powers don't recharge while on ground? Hmm... Maybe I just didn't notice since they aren't normally 30m. I'll have to check that out. (I still hate that though.)

Yeah, I do the SB39/K7 to MA/GO, but that's still extra, unneeded hops. Just wish I could go to MA/GO directly.

How does Diplomatic Immunity help you travel faster? As far as I know it only targets others (and has hardly any affect when it does).

I travel full VA Warp 9.97 in Sector Space, and Slipstream is great, but if I'm in Hromi Cluster and my next Diplomatic Investigations are in the Eridian Belt and B'Tran... The TW will help get to one quickly, but it'll be useless for the next one (likely the next two or three, really).
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Diplomatic Immunity used on Me helps me goes faster, I guess I should have said

I have a feeling that if the timers were reduced too much, people wouldn't even be flying in space, just transwarping to one destination to another... also, flying at warp, while slower, at least gives the cooldowns time to cooldown

Jiro usually gives me 3 diplomatic missions all over the galaxy map. so I usually just choose one or two to do and forget the other. By the time I finishe them (and mabe after a detour or two since it'll bring me closeby to other stuff to do), he'll offer me some more and I'll be on my way since the cooldowns will be reset by then (the less ground diplomatic missions, the better for transwarping!)