Lt. Commander
# 11
08-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Sad thing is I'd rather watch that on loop for an hour than run a single ground mission at this point.
I will second that, ground combat is awful, tedious, boring and generally worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Whilst repetitive and not of real challange... i kind of enjoy it for ease to jump in and out...

I will be interested to see updates / planned changes for this part of STO
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Good things about the ground combat in its current state are in my opinion the line of sight for NPCs, flanking and collision detection. Those elements are something i would like to see remaining.

Reducing the number of fights per randomly generated ground mission is a good start to improve the ground combat in my opinion. Making hand grenades damage friendly targets and have lower attack range than "sniper" rifles would make ground combat more realistic as well.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Theres a video floating about on Youtube somewhere of the ground combat increased in speed by 30% and it makes it look VASTLY better.
(ignoring obvious animation issues)

it just seems to have a more natural flow to it and doesnt look as clunky.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presbytier View Post
Specific in the since they could let us know the direction they are looking at going. That way we could give them better feedback. We all know and realize that ground combat is just plain lousy, but it is equally bothersome when the same people who gave us bad ground combat in the first place want to revamp it without letting us know what direction they plan on taking it.

I am not dissing Cryptic. I just want to see ground combat become enjoyable since it is a core mechanic and unavoidable. I also want to know to what extant they plan on redoing/polishing ground combat. will it affect the way STF function? how will previous missions play out? I do realize that this is probably assuming to much, but hey I am a paying customer it is my right to aimlessly speculate to my hearts content.
How could they give "speciics" if they haven't determined "specifics"? It has not been decided upon yet. Once they have made a decision as to what they wish to accmplish, I am sure you and I will hear it. AT THAT POINT, you can give all the INFORMED feedback you want. Until that point anything given by anyone other then Cryptic is just speculation.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothan117
I will second that, ground combat is awful, tedious, boring and generally worthless.
Exactly! So: Whatever you do - please focus on the revamp of ground combat, you just can't do too much for it