Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
08-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
No one disagrees that anomalies need fixed. But what other response is there other than "they are working on it, right now"
For one: Indifference is how kingdoms fall, and how nothing gets done. So adopting the, hey its ONLY been two weeks" and the "its being fixed" attitude really won't help me get my point across to the devs.

They need to know, as much as they need to know how we feel about PVP being mangled. PVP has their champions, so I let them duke it out, hoping for the best, and chiming in from time to time. But anomalies is my balliwick, and I'm fed up.

I was fed up after four days. Why was a broken mechanic allowed? Why hasn't the brokem game mechanic been rolled back?

So now its 14 days. WHEN, pray tell, is long enough for you. WHEN will you finally get the nerve to say, "get this fixed, now!" Come on, 14 days? SERIOUSLY? When is too long for PVP to be broken? Anomaly gathering WAS A WORKING MECHANIC!! When should I stop making noise?

Hows this, if a Dev comes in here and tells me that my opinion on this subject isn't worth their time, then I'll shut up about this. But until such a time, I'm going to be a thorn in the side about something that never should have happened and which should have been immediately corrected.

You don't add or create new things when a formerly working mechanic is broken, you fix what you broke before you move on. You certainly don't remain virtually silent on the issue if you wish to inspire confidence in anyone. You certainly shouldn't work on new items until the broken mechanic is fixed.

Ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
08-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Fixed again, and you're quite welcome!

P.S. oh, and crafting is NOT nerfed. It works just FINE. The quantity of the various spawning anomalies has had some unforeseen changes accidentally done to it. Cryptic developers are working on it.
Please stop repeating things that we've been aware of for two weeks.

You aren't helping. This thread is to bring my displeasure to the attention of the Devs. I'm allowed to be a thorn in someones side. I can nag, just not goad. Unlike some.

If you don't like my thread, why are you reading it. Oh, you are trolling it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
08-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Actually for me in the sector area even though the anomolies are levelled correctly i only get one type. (I.E. all have the same icon with different colours)
You are quite correct.

On ground and in 'local space' the anomalies are all tier one (red)

In sector space, in nebulas and expanses, you may obtain area-specific anomalies, but only the technological anomalies.

This is ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
08-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
Please stop repeating things that we've been aware of for two weeks.

You aren't helping. This thread is to bring my displeasure to the attention of the Devs. I'm allowed to be a thorn in someones side. I can nag, just not goad. Unlike some.

If you don't like my thread, why are you reading it. Oh, you are trolling it!
I'm "trolling"? When did we get salt water fishing in game?

Perhaps you should step back a tad bit and try to see your posting from the other forum readers eyes? You're asking me to stop repeating things that "we've" been aware of for two weeks yet your OP falls within those same very parameters.

I think that your obsession with crafting has unsettled you to the point of not realizing that by my responses to your OP followed by the little quips back and forth helps to keep your OP on the front page. You're welcome!

p.s. I thought the forums were intended for positively discussing the game while providing positive feedback and suggestions to the developers? Carry on...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
08-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
I'm "trolling"? When did we get salt water fishing in game?

Perhaps you should step back a tad bit and try to see your posting from the other forum readers eyes? You're asking me to stop repeating things that "we've" been aware of for two weeks yet your OP falls within those same very parameters.

I think that your obsession with crafting has unsettled you to the point of not realizing that by my responses to your OP followed by the little quips back and forth helps to keep your OP on the front page. You're welcome!

p.s. I thought the forums were intended for positively discussing the game while providing positive feedback and suggestions to the developers? Carry on...
And yet again you are arguing about my argument. Not arguing about the lack of the fix on anomalies.

Thanks for helping.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
08-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
I'm "trolling"? When did we get salt water fishing in game?

Perhaps you should step back a tad bit and try to see your posting from the other forum readers eyes? You're asking me to stop repeating things that "we've" been aware of for two weeks yet your OP falls within those same very parameters.
My OP detailed the fact that I took a toon and tested the system.

I spent two days of my game time to see if I could obtain anomalies, like Dan Stahl advised in a previous post. I didnt waste my time, I proved that I couldn't obtain anomalies in the same fashion with a new toon.

So yeah, my post is relevant and NEWS, because I had never reported to anyone this particular new information. I spent two days of effort to learn something, and relay it to others so as to ensure I wasn't just blowing hot air.

My original post brings this to light, and if you weren't simply trolling my post to argue about semantics, then I wouldn't be discussing this with you, I'd be discussing broken anomalies with you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
08-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
My OP detailed the fact that I took a toon and tested the system.

I spent two days of my game time to see if I could obtain anomalies, like Dan Stahl advised in a previous post. I didnt waste my time, I proved that I couldn't obtain anomalies in the same fashion with a new toon.

So yeah, my post is relevant and NEWS, because I had never reported to anyone this particular new information. I spent two days of effort to learn something, and relay it to others so as to ensure I wasn't just blowing hot air.

My original post brings this to light, and if you weren't simply trolling my post to argue about semantics, then I wouldn't be discussing this with you, I'd be discussing broken anomalies with you.
You need to look up the definition of troll. FYI this thread is a troll. The posters who replied were trying to make it something other than a troll. But since you refuse to listen to any reason, it remains a troll.
Thank you, and have a good day.


Signed:
The Ranger
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
08-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsranger View Post
You need to look up the definition of troll. FYI this thread is a troll. The posters who replied were trying to make it something other than a troll. But since you refuse to listen to any reason, it remains a troll.
Thank you, and have a good day.


Signed:
The Ranger
Again, someone complaining about my thread, rather than the topic at hand.

I've tried nice posts, nice posts get ZERO attention. I spent two days to get proof that we could gather anomalies, and found we can't. I was polite in my OP:

"Since 2.0 I've been unable to obtain 10 of 18 anomalies in my scans. This means that I cannot craft. " - A very factual statement

"14 days and counting" - factual as well, not inflammatory

"Why has this not been addressed?" - A reasonable question

"I created a new toon, he only can only obtain anomalies in the same broken manner that my vice admiral can. It took me several days in aging my toon, but after getting him to L8 I've come to understand that I've not been able to gather the "Missing 10" anomalies. They only way to obtain these is on the scripted missions." - My results after trying to find anomalies in the way suggested by other players and implied by Danm Stahl, I fail to see any inflammatory statements here

I'm wasting time on all the testing that I do, its to no avail. My tickets always get canned answers. I'm getting nowhere at the speed of light. And so very little from the Devs on this. - is this inflammatory? Oh my, I just don't think it is. Sounds like a gripe?

I'm rather tired of not being able to craft. Please fix this as soon as possible. - Oh yes, I am so rude here!

I really don't see where you find my OP to be a troll. You can disagree with me and not be a troll, but if you go attacking my argument or a word I use, instead of approaching the issue, then you are wasting all of our time.

Can we PLEASE get back on topic
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
08-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superluminous
lots of mumbling
It has been addressed in several threads. This is what they are telling you. We know you are upset (as most of us are) that the samples are messed up. The devs know it and have commented (not sure where) and are working on a fix. There is nothing else to discuss. Sorry bud, next time search for threads that are on the same topic instead of posting another one with all the same complaints. You will get better feedback.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
08-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsranger View Post
It has been addressed in several threads. This is what they are telling you. We know you are upset (as most of us are) that the samples are messed up. The devs know it and have commented (not sure where) and are working on a fix. There is nothing else to discuss. Sorry bud, next time search for threads that are on the same topic instead of posting another one with all the same complaints. You will get better feedback.
Really? I dont need to search threads I am a part of.

The only definite thing we heard was 3 days ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey gang, I just checked in with Stahl on this.

The issue is partially resolved, and ground missions should be giving out the correct anomalies on Tribble once the new build comes up. We're still working on getting the rest of space all fixed up however.

More updates as I have them!

Thanks,

Stormshade
So as it is MONDAY, and the beginning of the week, and AS I spent my weekend testing to see if anomalies could be obtained any other way, I felt the need to post.

I still don't understand the argument of coming into my thread to disrupt it, to argue about my argument, why I should or shouldnt have one, or anything OTHER than the fact that anomalies are broken.

What is your major malfunction? If you don't like me posting, too bad, it won't stop. My OP was polite, and I pointed that out to you, so you changed tactic and are now arguing about the appropriateness of my post in consideration of other factors.

I know those factors. I debated them before posting. I'm an adult and can make my own decisions to post or not post.

Thank you for your post.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 PM.