Lt. Commander
# 11
08-09-2010, 03:03 PM
This looks like a pleasantly informative Ask Cryptic article. Seeing how people were discontent about the previous one, I'm happy to see the change.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I really like this Idea. Especially the Idea of the Bridge officer eventually becoming his own Captian and becoming a new character. It would even be great if they used that way to allow players to basically create characters above level 1, or level 6 on Klingon side. With the option to skip the tutorial in order to get those extra levels. Maybe not an automatic new level 51, but perhaps a level 11.
Logically, if you promote a Bridge Officer to "Captain", and make him/her an "alt" character, should he/she not also automatically be at said rank then? I.e Captain 1 (Rank/Grade).

Some interesting answers in that Q&A. I hope to see a much more polished version of STO in the Season 3 patch, as I'm assuming my posting privileges will be revoked shortly due to the "welcome back access". While I found Season 2 enjoyable, I've already done all the new Undine content, and still 2 grades short of Vice Admiralty. Reason I shut down my subscription in the first place, was due to a distinct lack of content back in Season 1. I really don't want to have to grind exploration or "defend the sector" content to get to max rank, and i've never been much of a pvp'er.

I'm guessing the "big secret project" will be related to whatever is planned for the Season 4 update which likely is scheduled for release sometime around Feb 2011 (12 month since STO went live).
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I have a suggestion about sector space. Oddly enough, I would like to feel like I am in the show. I want to tell my helmsman to plot a course for vulcan, and then he does it. For instance:

You bring up the map, decide where you want to go and click it. The system would then give you the option to view the travel from normal view(as we see it now), and we travel and just watch. This would have the same functionality as it does now, except that it feels more like being the captain. And the only way to change course is to bring up the map again. I don't mind not having control of the ship for sector space, as long as I can play in my inventory.

As far as the sector defense stuff, you could still get hit by one and get sucked into it.

The second option would be to give us the option to goto the bridge while we travel, have a terminal accessible, or an NPC like your science officer accessible to ask question regarding the system we're traveling to. Just some random thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-09-2010, 03:41 PM
This is probably the best AC to date. Most are just a repeat of things we already know, but this actually gave some pretty good new info.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-09-2010, 03:49 PM
The new and revamped Sector Space will greatly improve the game....

right now it feels like "full impulse" is way faster than maximum warp in sector space....

Perhaps Bridge Navigation between systems is part of this secret project?...hmmmmmmm
Lt. Commander
# 16
Great Q&A on this round! Glad to see you're adopting a "release only when ready" attitude towards new features. Looking forward to the planned overhauls and testing them on Tribble.

Other suggestions:
  • I'd still like to see First Officers implemented at some point.
  • The saucer "pet" needs to have more direct controls, at least like BOs do. It also needs "Antimatter Spread".
  • Since we have Saucer Sep now the Prometheus Class needs Multi-Vector Assault Mode.
  • Overall I'd like to see ship types with inherent powers that aren't available to other classes.
  • The Feds need a ship line that has Universal BOs like the Klingons have. Maybe not every slot. Perhaps just one.
  • More Tac Ensign powers.
  • Instead of a flat 20k Merit Retraining Fee, it should be based on how many skills you want to retrain.
Lt. Commander
# 17
What about social media links? When will STO be connected to Facebook so I can publish my updates?
This game sucks without any of my friends playing it with me - maybe if I could promote the game on facebook more of them would join the game!
Lt. Commander
Q: When will we see an Android Federation Captain and bridge officers?

Q: What is Cryptic's plan to make ship interiors utilized for in game functions,
such as commanding from your bridge option, or combat from your bridge option?
(IE bridge commander/final unity style)
When will we be able to interact with bridge consoles ( to set course or go to red alert, fire weapons)?

Q: When will we have a bridge officer to tool to assign bridge officers and NPC thoughout our ship and assign them titles and functions? (IE working a panel or bridge station or guard duty, walking halls, lounge)

When will we be able to see all bridge officers on our bridge?

When will we be able to customize our NPCs with a ship uniform by class?

Q: When will we see a box to assign titles to our bridge officers or NPCs ( First officer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Engineer, Transporter Chief, Security Chief, and other where you may enter a title) ?

Q: With the new exchange type bridge officer will it have all BOs, with a tab for commissioned officers and one for non commissioned BOs, so that we may get some of the rarer BOs commission able?

Q: When will all uniforms options we have unlocked be able to be used with each other for full customization as claimed? (IE MU COM badge on another TNG uniform if the Captain has all of these unlocked on their account?

Q: When will we be able to have an expanded crew? (IE commissioned crew roster with 30 names to have a real interior crew)

Q: Where is my observation lounge on my ship interior? (the diplomatic mission on Bajor was great!)

Q: When will see and hear Brent Spiner in game?

Good Job on the ship interiors, it felt like Star Trek for the first time when I could walk my ship.
Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
questions
Sorry, but wrong thread. You'll have to post those in the next questions thread.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sorry, but wrong thread. You'll have to post those in the next questions thread.
I was thinking about saying the same, but your devious Greediness beat me to it.