Lt. Commander
# 11
08-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saroun View Post
Playable borg would be interesting considering you have a hive connection to your crew.
Role playing a Borg is the polar opposite of interesting, might as well role play an ant or bumblebee. The whole point of the Borg is that there is no independence unless you are suggesting the escapees from unimatrix zero but those aren't "true Borg", they have independence from the collective. There are very few Borg of any interest and they were granted semi-autonomy from the collective for very specific reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
There are very few Borg of any interest and they were granted semi-autonomy from the collective for very specific reasons.
i can only remember 3 off the top of my head. borg queen, locutis, 7 of 9 some what were she was selected to be the voice of the borg for building that anti undine weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 13 no to playable borg
08-07-2010, 04:03 AM
I agree there is not really a point to playing the borg, with that said, having an explorable delta quadrant on the other hand would be excellent. That way there will be more of the borg interaction, without actually wasting time making the playable faction. Hell I would love to have an explorable delta quadrant with random systems where you could for example defend a race from a borg incursion or take down a transwarp conduit.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_D View Post
I agree there is not really a point to playing the borg, with that said, having an explorable delta quadrant on the other hand would be excellent. That way there will be more of the borg interaction, without actually wasting time making the playable faction. Hell I would love to have an explorable delta quadrant with random systems where you could for example defend a race from a borg incursion or take down a transwarp conduit.
There is one in the Gamma Orionis sector but it isn't big enough without many missions,that's the only sucky thing. There is a new Pelia Sector where you have a couple of missions against the Undine. But there is a lack of content and systems in those sectors
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-09-2010, 04:08 PM
I forgot to mention to get to that area you have to be a Rear Admiral Lower Class 3 and above I believe.....