Lt. Commander
# 11
08-02-2010, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
They just give you a phaser on your first day, give you a ship and wish you good luck.
Lol, too true.

WTB (Optional?) new toon start at the Academy as an ensign, where you learn the tricks of the trade without having to fend off a Borg invasion fleet and become a "hero" - games and MMOs in general have far too many of these horrible things. "You are the Galaxy's only hope!" they say to a few hundred thousand people..

It could give you quite a few Diplomacy missions to gain rank in that department before you relive the stupid storyline from that latest "Startrek" movie, replacing the Romulans with Borg, obviously.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-02-2010, 05:17 AM
I'm sure they are working on adding the Academy and some interactible bits later to the game once the other stuff is sorted out better.
Star Fleet Academy would make a good place at Earth to have social meetings, instead of using the Sol Spacedock.
I can't wait to beam down to San Francisco and get my shot at the choice of option dialouge boxes before getting bored and going back to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm Sure they will throw in Starfleet Headquarters eventually. It just isn't NEEDED so its not a high priority.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I heard they're building a temple to the breen gods near the old site of the Academy, some people are upset.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Well, it is in California, so I would guess it would still be closed due to the 2009 budget still not being passed.

"OMG its teh kleenongs! ; P "
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGothic View Post
I heard they're building a temple to the breen gods near the old site of the Academy, some people are upset.
Hoo hoo hoo. Best comment of the month.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-09-2010, 10:15 PM
I was really looking foward to getting to walk around and explore Star Fleet Academy, but I was disappointed. Whoever that was in one of the previous posts had a good idea. You start your career at Star Fleet Academy instead straight into the fight with the Borg. I would also like the chance to explore other locations on 25th century Earth. Sisko's in New Orleans, Paris, maybe we could explore Picard's vineyard, or see some of the shipyards on Earth. There is a lot of potential for making Earth explorable. I don't think it will ever get to the point where you can just free roam all over Earth, but I would like to see some of those locations from Earth that was featured in the series. I would also like to learn about what happened with Earth's past. I would like to see what caused WW3 , and what happened to Earth during and after. I would like to know who won and which cities were destroyed. I would like to learn about the history of the Earth-Romulan War and find out how it happened and how it played out. I think a Holodeck would be good for something like that. I woudl also like to visit other planets in the Sol system. I would like to see Utopia Planetia, Jupiter Station, and maybe even explore the city on the Moon.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Starfleet is assigning Ensigns to commanding starships now. Guess they mothballed Starfleet HQ since any Cadet can captain a starship, so why code the daycare where we trained?
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-10-2010, 04:47 AM
No wants to go there because of the scientologists.

Apparently you need to be Robert Stack just to get from class to class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qse_wf57tZM