Lt. Commander
# 1 4 Digit NCC
08-10-2010, 09:42 AM
So I was going to take some screenshots of my Constitution Class ship, and then it hit me.

I can't use a proper NCC number!

I would like to suggest that the NCC number for our ships not be limited to 91000 thru 99999, and instead, let us have the ability to use a 4 digit number on the Constitution class and Constitution Class refits.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-10-2010, 09:52 AM
the search function is your friend. This has all ready been addressed. Part of that address is that the current format for registry numbers is not going to change as per licensing agreement.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-10-2010, 10:02 AM
And I would contend that the limitation is ridiculous.

They give us TOS era, TWOK era and MU uniforms, as well as ships, but then they lock down the registry numbers so people can't detail their ships properly?

Where is the sense in that?

Frankly, there is none. Therefore, I contend that this limitation should be changed, if anything for the Connie, Connie Refit, Miranda and Excelsior Classes. If they are worried about Licensiing issues (People trying to recreate 1701 or any other known 4 digit NCC numbers, then I'd be willing to compromise and say give us 4 digit capability on the older style ships, but lock the 4 digits in the 8000 range or something along those lines.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
And I would contend that the limitation is ridiculous.

They give us TOS era, TWOK era and MU uniforms, as well as ships, but then they lock down the registry numbers so people can't detail their ships properly?

Where is the sense in that?

Frankly, there is none. Therefore, I contend that this limitation should be changed, if anything for the Connie, Connie Refit, Miranda and Excelsior Classes. If they are worried about Licensiing issues (People trying to recreate 1701 or any other known 4 digit NCC numbers, then I'd be willing to compromise and say give us 4 digit capability on the older style ships, but lock the 4 digits in the 8000 range or something along those lines.
You're missing the point. I think the limitation comes from CBS, not Cryptic. There are a buttload of registry numbers that have appeared in Star Trek episodes and movies that they'd have to omit. It's easier to set the limit high. Also, for all we know CBS might want to reserve all the registry numbers lower than 91,000 for future series'.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith1977 View Post
You're missing the point. I think the limitation comes from CBS, not Cryptic. There are a buttload of registry numbers that have appeared in Star Trek episodes and movies that they'd have to omit. It's easier to set the limit high. Also, for all we know CBS might want to reserve all the registry numbers lower than 91,000 for future series'.
I understand what you are saying.

For the "modern" era ships, I have no problems with the 91000+ NCC Limitation.

All I'm saying is they could set a similar limitation for 4-digit NCCs as well on the "older" era ships. From the little research I have done, I have yet to find an NCC 4-digit number which exceeds the 4000 series. So why couldn't Cryptic petition CBS for a 4-digit NCC to applicable ships (Connie, Connie Refit, Miranda and Excelsior) that are locked at 8001 thru 9999?