Lt. Commander
# 11
08-09-2010, 11:35 AM
The issue about space powers not recharging when on the ground is an issue with the game engine, not a bug. I remember reading that players cannot exist both as a starship and as a captain at the same time.. I believe this is explains the cooldown issue.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****tor View Post
Diplomatic Immunity used on Me helps me goes faster, I guess I should have said...
How do you target yourself? The power, I thought, only works on others... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
The issue about space powers not recharging when on the ground is an issue with the game engine, not a bug. I remember reading that players cannot exist both as a starship and as a captain at the same time.. I believe this is explains the cooldown issue.
Huh. Well... I guess that explains it. Still sucks thought.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Yes yes, it only works on others, but when you team with someone who has it too, well, we can use it on each other
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
That may well be, and obviously we don't know the internals, but in other games, when powers are used they go on c/d until a certain subsequent game time, which doesn't require "the player to exist" in more than one form at a time, or even to be logged into the game at all. So if you use a 1h c/d skill and then log off for a day, when you log back in, it won't be on c/d because it is later than the time set when the ability was used.

I agree with the OP: both the lack of recharge when not on the ship, and the shared c/d would be major annoyances by themselves, and together they compound the annoyance factor greatly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaD
...in other games, when powers are used they go on c/d until a certain subsequent game time, which doesn't require "the player to exist" in more than one form at a time, or even to be logged into the game at all. So if you use a 1h c/d skill and then log off for a day, when you log back in, it won't be on c/d because it is later than the time set when the ability was used.

I agree with the OP: both the lack of recharge when not on the ship, and the shared c/d would be major annoyances by themselves, and together they compound the annoyance factor greatly.
Thanks. I agree with your post. I hate it when I'm gone from the game for a day, come back and my powers are still on CD.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb2008 View Post
It's probably another cheap way to keep us stuck in sector space. They could fix it, but I think they choose not to. They're all about ****ing us off to no end in this regard.

The timer should tick down everywhere, even logged off. The various transwarp skills should not share a CD. This crap needs fix.
Lets keep this constructive,

however yes, the system is currently broken,

my sugestions is to have older TW CD, such as ESD, go down as your level increases. The shared cooldown should only be about 5-10 mins. Also, you should recieve the new Transwarp when you are at the level to access the sector missions. DS9 TW should open when you make captain. K7 when you reach Lt. Cmd, and there should be a momory aplha, that would open up at CMD.

Anyways thats my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
...my sugestions is to have older TW CD, such as ESD, go down as your level increases. The shared cooldown should only be about 5-10 mins. Also, you should recieve the new Transwarp when you are at the level to access the sector missions. DS9 TW should open when you make captain. K7 when you reach Lt. Cmd, and there should be a momory aplha, that would open up at CMD...
I wish the original Sol TW should reset faster as you rank, as other powers sometimes do. That would be nice. The other TWs aren't available via standard rank, they are a reward only for Federation Diplomatic Corps ranking (Attache, Consol, Envoy, Ambassador). Now if they separated the CDs, it would be nice if those lowered as you ranked through the FDC... Of course that would mean that DS9 (the Ambassador rank power) would always have the highest CD.

I wonder... Is there a rank above Ambassador? (One quick Wiki scan later...) It appears the next rank would be "Ambassador-at-Large"... Hmmm.... Oh, and an Ambassador's title is commonly His/Her Excellency. Sweet! Now that would be cool to have.

I noticed that even though I've reached Ambassador, I'm still earning FDX (though for next rank it says n/a). It would be neat if they eventually added more unlockables... thee His/Her Excellency titles for example, more TWs (MemAlpha, BGO, future locations...), perhaps more alternate faction BOs (and/or Uncommon-Very Rare ones), more uniforms... Or even unlock a +1 character uniform slot for the existing Dilpomat Jacket. Anywho...
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb2008 View Post
It's probably another cheap way to keep us stuck in sector space. They could fix it, but I think they choose not to. They're all about ****ing us off to no end in this regard.

The timer should tick down everywhere, even logged off. The various transwarp skills should not share a CD. This crap needs fix.
Actually, it does make sense for the various transwarp powers to share a cooldown. When you gain them, you're gaining additional destinations with your transwarp drive, not additional transwarp drives, and it takes 30 minutes for your Transwarp Drive to be ready for use again.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
Actually, it does make sense for the various transwarp powers to share a cooldown. When you gain them, you're gaining additional destinations with your transwarp drive, not additional transwarp drives, and it takes 30 minutes for your Transwarp Drive to be ready for use again.
Sure, I get that... As a Captain who progresses through the FDC you gain access to otherwise "classified" Transwarp Codes (or whatever ya want to call 'em) meaning your ship can go there.

One ship, one drive, one cooldown. I get that, and I'd actually be ok with it (if I had to). It's the fact that my ship's one drive that can't recharge while I'm taking care of business on the "ground" -- Again, I stay an hour in dock, I come back there's still nigh 30min left on the recharge clock. That's a pile of steaming feldercarb.

I don't buy that they can't make tech for the game to track your Captain in two "places" (space/ground) at once, that you can only exist in either One or the Other. Their system is designed ot handle Passive Powers. Treat the Transwarp as one of these while on the Ground. While in Space, the TWarp is ticking normally. If I switch to Ground, the game should hand over that CD info, and can track it in the background just like it currently does any other Passives. This way there's no unrealistic TWarp power in your Captain's power tray.

All that Passive TWarp needs to do is cound down and when you revert to space that Passive updates your standard TWarp. Done and done. I honestly do not get how hard that can be. They had a similar (though I think it was unintentional) feature with the Tribble Buffs. Those timers could go between Ground to Space, and back again for a whole hour.

Cryptic: Fix Transwarp Power -- It should cool down in 30 minutes. Real Time. Whether I'm in my ship or on foot. Please? Make it so!
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****tor View Post
All the space powers' cooldown time are stopped when you leave your ship, not just the Transwarps, so it's not a bug.

Also, if you want to Transwarp to Memory Alpha, do it to Starbase 39 instead, it's just next to it. Same for Gamma Orionis Gate, just fly to K7!

I also noticed the discrepency between the several Transwarp powers cooldown time (mainly between the Sol power and all the others). I haven't found a pattern to it either.

I find that with slipstream, Diplomatic Immunity, 5 transwarp destinations and a good engine, I don't really need more to speed me up.
Trans Warp to SBS39, go to sector space, then change instances and you'll be almost next to Memory Alpha. Any time you are near Sirius Sector, once you enter, change instances and you are outside of Sol, go over to Regulus block after leaving Sol, change instances and you'll be able to Warp to Eta Eridani without moving your ship... So, TW is VERY nice, but there are other ways to get from point A to point B quicker...

Before TW to S39, I could go from K7, to MA in less then 30 seconds, travel to Sirius, enter Sirius, change instance, move a little toward Alpha Centauri, enter, change instances, and HELLO Memory Alpha, you are SOOOO close..I can almost touch you...

Also, I have noticed that my TW to ESD, K7 and Sierra39 don't ALL recharge together... ESD takes by far the longest, but I can get K7 and S39 to recharge in half the time, I'll have to keep an eye on what conditions I am under to get that to happen...