Lt. Commander
# 1 an incomplete retrofit
08-10-2010, 12:17 PM
ok, so when are Science Vessels going to get their well deserved 4th Fore weapon slot?
the Retrofit science vessel seems incomplete to me, as the 3 fore/aft weapon slots (which we've had since captain rank) and the nerfing of Viral matrix, were enough to get me to abandon Science ships in the first place.

I can't say i like being a science Officer in command of a cruiser but without the extra weapon slot there isn't much of a way to compete in PvP. Maybe the new Ablative Weapon Shutdown (yes except torpedoes) gimmick might make up for this but i have my doubts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyX View Post
ok, so when are Science Vessels going to get their well deserved 4th Fore weapon slot?
the Retrofit science vessel seems incomplete to me, as the 3 fore/aft weapon slots (which we've had since captain rank) and the nerfing of Viral matrix, were enough to get me to abandon Science ships in the first place.

I can't say i like being a science Officer in command of a cruiser but without the extra weapon slot there isn't much of a way to compete in PvP. Maybe the new Ablative Weapon Shutdown (yes except torpedoes) gimmick might make up for this but i have my doubts.
When all tier 5 ships get an inherent bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
but this "problem" has affected Sci ships even before the retrofit. the DSSV and the RSV's both had the same missing Weapon slot problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyX View Post
but this "problem" has affected Sci ships even before the retrofit. the DSSV and the RSV's both had the same missing Weapon slot problem.
Could it just supposed to be that way, as in cryptic designed it that way
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Adding at 7th weapon slot would bring us too close to cruisers imo (who have more weapons because they are bigger).
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah, science ships weapons are fine as they are. Their powers however could use a boost...
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehkodiak View Post
Yeah, science ships weapons are fine as they are. Their powers however could use a boost...
I agree with this, and I am a Science Officer. Being a Science Officer was all about the tricks for me. But, since they nerf a lot of our Science BO Skills, my tricks seem useless at this point. And, don't even get me started on PvP with this ship. I can't stay alive longer than three to 10 seconds against any other type of ship that comes at me.

I believe that the shields (since they ARE supposed to be advanced technologically) SHOULD be more advanced.. yet they are not. I would be happy without the extra weapon slot, as long as I could actually take some hits. I don't have to have the hull hitpoints of a Cruiser, but at LEAST give us some good shield bonus on our Science Vessels... perhaps a larger Shield Regeneration bonus, or larger Shield Power bonus. Something that allows us to live for more than 3 seconds in PvP battle, so we can actually USE our skills, even if they are nerfed.

The way I see it... If Cryptic doesn't want us to dish out damage with an extra slot, at least give us the shield capacity to let us live long enough to use OTHER means for dealing damage with our Science Vessels.